We are pleased to inform you that the submission of abstracts for the International Conference VipIMAGE 2013 - IV ECCOMAS THEMATIC CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL VISION AND MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING (www.fe.up.pt/~vipimage) to be held October 14-16, 2013, in Melia Madeira Mare Hotel, Madeira Island, Funchal, Portugal, is going very well.
Attending several requests, the organizing committee has extended the submission period to May 6th.
Once again, we would like to invite you to participate and share your expertise in VipIMAGE 2013.
Possible Topics (not limited to)
• Signal and Image Processing
• Computational Vision
• Medical Imaging
• Physics of Medical Imaging
• Tracking and Analysis of Movement
• Simulation and Modeling
• Image Acquisition
• Industrial Applications
• Shape Reconstruction
• Objects Segmentation, Matching, Simulation
• Data Interpolation, Registration, Acquisition and Compression
• 3D Vision
• Virtual Reality
• Visual Inspection
• Software Development for Image Processing and Analysis
• Computer Aided Diagnosis, Surgery, Therapy, and Treatment
• Computational Bioimaging and Visualization
• Telemedicine Systems and their Applications
• Daniel Rueckert - Imperial College London, UK
• Dimitris N. Metaxas - Rutgers University, USA
• Durval C. Costa - Champalimaud Foundation, Portugal
• James S Duncan - Yale School of Medicine, USA
• Milan Sonka - The University of Iowa, USA
• Richard Bowden - University of Surrey, UK
Proposals to organize Thematic Session under the auspicious of VipIMAGE 2013 are welcome.
Confirmed Thematic Sessions
• Imaging of Biological Flows: trends and challenges
• Trabecular Bone Characterization: New trends and challenges
• Computational Vision and Image Processing applied to Dental Medicine
• Proceedings: The proceedings book will be published by the Taylor & Francis Group (www.balkema.nl/instructions.asp) and indexed by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index, IET Inspect and Elsevier Scopus.
• Springer Book: A book with 20 invited works from the ones presented in the conference will be published by Springer under the book series “Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and Biomechanics” (www.springer.com/series/8910).
• Journal Publication: A dedicated special issue of the Taylor & Francis International Journal “Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization” (www.tandfonline.com/tciv) will be published with extended versions of the best works presented in the conference.
• Deadline for (2-4 pages) Abstracts: May 6, 2013 (POSTPONED)
• Authors Notification: June 10, 2013 (POSTPONED)
• Deadline to upload Lectures and Papers: July 1, 2013
We are looking forward to see you in Funchal next October.
João Manuel R. S. Tavares
Renato Natal Jorge
PS. For further details, please, have a look in the conference website at: www.fe.up.pt/~vipimage, or in the conference Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/pages/Vipimage/237980719665456, or join the LinkedIn conference group at: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4752820&trk=hb_side_g