Installing Mamba on OS X Mountain Lion

Saulo Freitas

Aug 27, 2013, 12:45:36 PM8/27/13
to mamba...@googlegroups.com

I tried to install Mamba for my Digital Image Processing discipline at College, and there's a few steps that I'd like to describe what I had to do to install it o Mac OS X.

1.    Install Xcode ( to get the "command line tools" ).

2.    Download de dependeces

1.    PCRE (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcre/?source=dlp)

2.    Swig (http://sourceforge.net/projects/swig/?source=dlp)

Installing PCRE

1.    Cd to PCRE source dir.

2.  $ ./buildconf

3.    $ make ( I got this error, see bellow )

In file included from c/MB_Add.c:35:

./include-private/mambaApi_loc.h:52:10: fatal error: 'malloc.h' file not found

#include <malloc.h>

         ^

1 error generated.

error: command 'clang' failed with exit status 1

4.    To fix this error I just renamed the included file to <malloc/malloc.h>

5.  Re-enter $ make

6.    Then $ sudo make install

Installing Swig

1.    Cd to Swig source dir.

2.  $ ./buildconf

3.    $ make

4.      $ sudo make install

After that I could install the mamba Api completely following the instructions!

 Sorry about the last sent incomplete email!

--
Att,
Saulo Freitas

BS-ing CC - IFCE
Téc in Software Development  - IFCE

Nicolas Beucher

Aug 29, 2013, 1:30:14 PM8/29/13
to mamba...@googlegroups.com, saulo.freit...@gmail.com
Hi,

First, thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback.
I have some questions for you:
- Could you explain why you needed PCRE to compile Mamba ?
- Regarding the error, I think you could simply remove the include. Could you please confirm that ? I'm not sure why it was put in the first place so it may be corrected in the next version of Mamba.
- And last but not least, would you mind if we use your instructions to complete the user manual regarding compilation and installation on OS X ? I suppose you used the linux installation instructions ?

 Nicolas.

Saulo Freitas

Aug 29, 2013, 1:35:21 PM8/29/13
to Nicolas Beucher, mamba...@googlegroups.com
To install Mamba it's needed Swig. And to install Swig it's needed PCRE.

2013/8/29 Nicolas Beucher <nicolas...@gmail.com>

--
Atenciosamente,
Saulo Anderson Freitas de Oliveira

Bacharelando em Ciência da Computação - IFCE
Técnico em Desenvolvimento de Software  - IFCE

Nicolas Beucher

Aug 29, 2013, 1:38:01 PM8/29/13
to mamba...@googlegroups.com, Nicolas Beucher, saulo.freit...@gmail.com
Ok I see,