Fall MALTA meeting

1 view

Scott

Sep 29, 2010, 2:42:35 PM9/29/10
to Metro Atlanta Library Technology Association
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to have left everyone hanging...it's been very hectic getting
settled in and dealing with a doubling of the student body. But,
things are settling down now and I can get back to planning a meeting.
I am checking on the availability of a suitable meeting room for us.

In the meantime, there have been a number of suggestions for topics to
cover, and there are a couple themes that pop out. Below are the
topics mentioned and people who seem to be interested in talking about
them:

Repositories:
Marlee Givens, Keith Gilbertson, Scott Turnbull

Discovery Tools:
Bob Trotter, Seldon Deemer, Kim Durante, Bill Clayton

Drupal:
Susan Parham

Emory’s geospatial program development:
Kim Durante

Lightning Round

GGC Library tour: GGC Library faculty

HOPSA meeting to follow? Brad Baxter

Anything new in Galileo? DLG?

If any of you have additions, please post them; for those of you who
mentioned you would like to present, please post your topic and
approx. how long you would need, and we'll start putting together a
program.

Once I find out about the availability of an appropriate meeting
space, I will throw out some possible dates.

Douglas Goans

May 6, 2011, 12:09:43 PM5/6/11
to Metro Atlanta Library Technology Association
Hi everyone. Just curious if any of you are using Amazon Web Services (specifically for storage of data but also for web applications).

We are considering it for storage for digitization projects. If you are using it I would like to touch base about your experience with it so far.

Thanks
-DG

Douglas Goans

May 24, 2011, 1:34:32 PM5/24/11
to Metro Atlanta Library Technology Association
Hello everyone.

I am emailing to let you know that we currently have a web programming position open in the library. If you or someone you know may be interested in applying, please visit the following link to review the job posting and application process for the "Analyst Programmer Intermediate" position.

http://library.gsu.edu/70.html

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
-Doug

Doug Goans
Department Head, Digital Library Services
Georgia State University Library
100 Decatur St.
Atlanta. GA 30303
Tel: (404) 413 2752