Great Meeting Everyone

Turnbull, Scott

May 24, 2012, 10:15:42 AM5/24/12
to malt...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Thanks to Chad and everyone else involved for putting last nights meeting together. I'm looking forward to more.

When OpenEmory is ready to launch I'll put together a screencast and send that link out to everyone in case there is an interest.

As I mentioned to the folks I showed it to on my laptop, it's based on a library we developed for Fedora using python called EULFedora and EULxml. Those are available our Library GitHub account at https://github.com/organizations/emory-libraries

The twitter harvest stuff is available there as well as an app called Twap at https://github.com/emory-libraries/Twap

It can be configured to harvest any tweets you can search on.

The rendering library I showed that is part of the Georgia Lynchings project is called Timemap (http://code.google.com/p/timemap/) We found it pretty easy to use overall.

Thanks again everyone and I'm looking forward to talking more,

Scott Turnbull
Emory University Library
Atlanta, GA
404-727-2568