Next MALTA meeting

Ross Singer

Jun 25, 2008, 12:24:01 PM6/25/08
to malt...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

It's about time we try to schedule another MALTA meeting. Mike
Rylander has graciously offered space at Equinox's server farm
facility in Suwanee for us to meet in (wait til you see the biometric
stuff to get in!).

The theme of the meeting will be loosely based on discovery systems
(although a few other presentations will be slipped in there as well,
less discovery-related), and you can hear about Emory's Primo
implementation as well as Georgia Tech's VuFind. An Evergreen update
(acquisitions and serials are on the horizon!) as well as a GALILEO
update are on tap.

I also plan to talk briefly about a project I am working on, Jangle.

Now we just need a date and time.

I realize many of your are rushing off to ALA as I write this, but
think of times to block out about 3/4 of a day to socialize, listen,
talk, socialize, drink coffee, shoot a laser in your eye and sit in
traffic. I figure the end of the July/beginning of August are pretty
much what we'd need to look at at this point.

Thanks!
-Ross.

Lauren Fancher

Jun 25, 2008, 4:26:41 PM6/25/08