Moved From Blog: SSL Module Error

Raj

Mar 7, 2011, 10:54:48 AM3/7/11
to mallor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have been having trouble installing Mallory on my virtual machine. I have downloaded all the dependencies but when i tried to run Mallory, I was presented with this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./mallory/src/mallory.py", line 75, in <module>
import ssl
ImportError: No module named ssl

Hope someone can guide me as to what i should do to fix this problem...

Thanks in advance!

Raj

Mar 7, 2011, 10:57:50 AM3/7/11
to mallor...@googlegroups.com
We have found that installing all of the Python modules at once may cause some errors down the road. I would recommend re-installing all of the dependencies one at a time. If this does not correct the issue try installing the python openssl modules. Below are the commands to getting these modules installed.

sudo apt-get install mercurial; sudo apt-get install python-pyasn1; sudo apt-get install python-netfilter; sudo apt-get install libnetfilter-conntrack-dev; sudo apt-get install python2.6-dev; sudo apt-get install python-setuptools; sudo easy_install pynetfilter_conntrack; sudo apt-get install netfilter-extensions-source; sudo apt-get install libnetfilter-conntrack3-dbg; sudo apt-get install python-paramiko; sudo apt-get install python-imaging;
also try:

sudo apt-get install python-openssl

Raj

Jui kian tan

Mar 8, 2011, 8:33:30 AM3/8/11
to mallor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raj,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've tried re-installing the dependencies and python-openssl packages but I still get the same message.
I am trying to build Mallory on my Debian Linux. Could this be the cause of the failure?

The following is how I performed my setup (one at a time):

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties && sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freenx-team
python-software-properties is already the newest version.
python-software-properties set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found

sudo apt-get install neatx-server
E: Couldn't find package neatx-server

sudo apt-get install terminator
terminator is already the newest version

sudo apt-get install mercurial
mkdir mallory
cd mallory
205 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

sudo apt-get install python-pyasn1
python-pyasn1 is already the newest version.

sudo apt-get install python-netfilter
E: Couldn't find package python-netfilter

sudo apt-get install libnetfilter-conntrack-dev
sudo apt-get install python2.6-dev
E: Couldn't find package python2.6-dev

sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
python-setuptools is already the newest version.

sudo easy_install pynetfilter_conntrack
Installed /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pynetfilter_conntrack-0.4.2-py2.5.egg
Processing dependencies for pynetfilter-conntrack
Finished processing dependencies for pynetfilter-conntrack

sudo apt-get install  netfilter-extensions-source
sudo apt-get install  libnetfilter-conntrack3-dbg
E: Couldn't find package libnetfilter-conntrack3-dbg

sudo dpkg -i libnetfilter-conntrack1_0.0.99-1_i386.deb

sudo apt-get install python-paramiko
  libnetfilter-conntrack-dev: Depends: libnetfilter-conntrack1 (= 0.0.96-1) but 0.0.99-1 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

sudo apt-get install python-imaging
  libnetfilter-conntrack-dev: Depends: libnetfilter-conntrack1 (= 0.0.96-1) but 0.0.99-1 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

sudo apt-get install python-openssl
  libnetfilter-conntrack-dev: Depends: libnetfilter-conntrack1 (= 0.0.96-1) but 0.0.99-1 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Jui kian tan

Mar 9, 2011, 9:41:33 AM3/9/11
to mallor...@googlegroups.com
managed to remove the ssl error after manually installing openssl package from the openssl website.