The Mid-Atlantic Library Alliance (MALiA) is seeking applications for the Contract Administrator, a part-time position (approximately 20 hours per month to be paid at a rate of $2,125.00 per quarter).
· Prepare RFPs for library materials, serials, and supplies;
· Issue contracts in accordance with the Virginia Procurement regulations & rules;
· Keep abreast of the Virginia Procurement regulations & rule;
· Maintain list of current vendors;
· Notify vendors & users of changes and/or additions to RFPs;
· Assist members in resolving outstanding issues regarding contracts;
· Evaluate annually vendor services through a member survey;
· Provide content and updated information to webmaster;
· Coordinate evaluation of RFPs;
· Make presentations to MALiA and other interested groups;
· Maintain files and provide members with requested documentation;
· Attend MALiA business meetings; and.
· Assist in promoting MALiA membership.
· Bachelor’s degree;
· Superior oral and written communication skills;
· Knowledge of Virginia procurement regulations & rules;
· Knowledge of library acquisitions;
· Knowledge of accounting procedures;
· Experience in dealing with vendors; and
· Experience in writing RFPs.
Must be able to attend MALiA’s quarterly Executive Committee meetings, typically in January, April, July, and October in-person with programs in the Spring and Fall and by ZOOM in the Winter and Summer or as needed.
MALiA is a consortium of more than 250 public, academic, school and special libraries based predominately in Virginia, including Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Submit a letter of application and resume outlining qualifications to Kelly McBride, MALiA Vice-President/President Elect, kmcb...@russell.lib.va.us by Friday, November 6, 2020.