FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: /user/dtadmin/datatorrent/apps/application_1434453368487_0029/events/index.txt

Aalok Gupta

Jun 19, 2015, 7:57:33 AM6/19/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, lalith...@infosys.com
Hi Team,

Please pardon our stupid issues, we are at beginner's level.

The issue is after scucessful installation of DT and Hadoop. We wanted to run a demo package.

We imported 'WordCount' package as per the steps mentioned at

We used the config file already provided my-app-conf1.xml.
Clicked on launch and observed the following view DT application overview.PNG

Also attaching the logs.

We are seeking a 'running' state application overview as depicted in user guide.

**Please note that we haven't made any changes in conf, under /opt/datatorrent/current/conf

Thanks
Aalok

DT application overview.PNG
dtgateway.log

Sandeep Deshmukh

Jun 19, 2015, 10:20:00 AM6/19/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, lalith...@infosys.com
Hi Aalok,

Can you check value of yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb propery in yarn-site.xml. Yarn may not have resources to allocate for this program.

Also please check Yarn logs.  Do a grep on jobid  in yarn logs. Do you see any logs regarding memory/resources.

Regards,
Sandeep

Aalok Gupta

Jun 23, 2015, 7:58:26 AM6/23/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, ravi_...@infosys.com, lalith...@infosys.com
Thanks for the reply Sandeep,

Yarn log excerpt

***************

2015-06-23 16:34:07,978 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.monitor.ContainersMonitorImpl: Memory usage of ProcessTree 22142 for container-id container_1435047027715_0401_01_000001: 149.9 MB of 1 GB physical memory used; 1021.8 MB of 2.1 GB virtual memory used

2015-06-23 16:34:11,019 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.monitor.ContainersMonitorImpl: Memory usage of ProcessTree 22142 for container-id container_1435047027715_0401_01_000001: 149.9 MB of 1 GB physical memory used; 1021.8 MB of 2.1 GB virtual memory used

added following prop @ hadoop  > yarn-site.xml

**************************

<property>

  <name>yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb</name>

    <value>8192</value>

 </property>

My question is, what is the exact content of index.txt.

I am unable to find such file in the project code downloaded from malhar-Github

Aalok Gupta

Jun 24, 2015, 1:54:17 AM6/24/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, ravi_...@infosys.com, lalith...@infosys.com
One more thing.
To free some memory, we stopped few processes on the server where we hosted Data Torrent. The exception didn't come. The status of wordcount demo application moved to 'Running' :-)
However, now the operators are in 'Pending state'.

Sandeep Deshmukh

Jun 24, 2015, 2:20:12 AM6/24/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, ravi_...@infosys.com, lalith...@infosys.com
Hi Aalok,

The issue is still with resources not getting allocated. In the application overview | Physical details, 3 containers are planned but none of them is allocated.

Scroll below on the same page, Containers widget should give you details on state of each container. The state for each container should be ACTIVE. If not, memory is not getting allocated to the containers.

Regards,
Sandeep

Aalok Gupta

Jun 24, 2015, 2:23:07 AM6/24/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, ravi_...@infosys.com, lalith...@infosys.com
Thank for your reply Sandeep,

I checked the containers window. Its active.

Sandeep Deshmukh

Jun 24, 2015, 2:36:33 AM6/24/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, ravi_jain03, lalith...@infosys.com
If you see previous screenshot, the required containers is not getting allocated. Planned containers is 3 and allocated is 0. In the Containers widget, you should have 4 entries, 1 for STRAM (Application Master) and 3 more for application containers.

What is the available memory in your cluster? Try with no other job running on the cluster.

Regards,
Sandeep

Aalok Gupta

Jun 24, 2015, 3:18:21 AM6/24/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, lalith...@infosys.com, ravi_...@infosys.com
Hi Sandeep,

What is the minimum memory requirement for running a datatorrent Demo, like wordcount.
All we got from free -m is :

[root@VDTVBUFCH02 datatorrent]# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          3822       2792       1029          0         57       1107
-/+ buffers/cache:       1627       2195
Swap:         3999          0       3999
[root@VDTVBUFCH02 datatorrent]#

Sandeep Deshmukh

Jun 24, 2015, 4:55:37 AM6/24/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, lalith...@infosys.com, ravi_jain03
Around 5 GB. Have at least 6 GB available to YARN and try it out.

Regards,
Sandeep

Aalok Gupta

Jun 24, 2015, 5:23:17 AM6/24/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, lalith...@infosys.com, ravi_...@infosys.com
Thanks Sandeep! That was a good learning.

The issue got resolved once we did the following memory allocation:
In mapred-site.xml
mapreduce.map.memory.mb
mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb

In yarn-site.xml
yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb

Raven

Jul 20, 2015, 7:38:11 PM7/20/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, lalith...@infosys.com, ravi_...@infosys.com
My containers have available memory but some of them are in "Active" state and some in "Allocated state". All the operators are in pending state. Planned containers are allocated. What else might be the reason? How do I debug this scenario for the root cause?

Gaurav Gupta

Jul 20, 2015, 7:49:09 PM7/20/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, lalith...@infosys.com, ravi_...@infosys.com
Can you check if there are any exceptions in the Application Master logs? Can you also please share the screen shot for the Application Page?

Thanks
- Gaurav

Raven

Jul 20, 2015, 8:05:57 PM7/20/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, ravi_...@infosys.com, lalith...@infosys.com
There are no errors in logs of 0001 container which I suppose is the master. Attached the status of containers.
Container status.PNG

Ashwin Chandra Putta

Jul 20, 2015, 8:33:05 PM7/20/15
to malhar...@googlegroups.com, ravi_...@infosys.com, lalith...@infosys.com
Raven,

The container ids are in the range of 3xxx. Seems like the containers are facing failures as soon as they are allocated and requests for new containers are being made (every new container allocation has id incremented by 1). Can you check the last killed container for exceptions, the logs in that container will be a good place to start looking for root cause. You can click on "retrieve killed" button in the Containers pane under physical tab to get the killed containers.

Regards,
Ashwin.

Regards,
Ashwin.

MOOLAMREDDY SIDDA REDDY 15MCB1013

Sep 22, 2016, 5:33:42 AM9/22/16
to Malhar - Deprecated-Use-Apache-Apex-Forums, lalith...@infosys.com
iam getting an error how to configure the hadoop location in a data torrent can you please help me
thanks for advance
Screenshot from 2016-09-22 14:48:03.png