Dark Tower Board Game 1981 (not related to the movie)

Tyler Dean

Aug 29, 2017, 11:34:05 AM8/29/17
to MakeSaltLake
Hi!! My name is Tyler Dean and I am in the process of remastering an old board/electronic game called Dark Tower (1981).  I have gotten to a point where I need help programing and doing putting together all of the electronics.  I don't have much experience and was wondering if anyone wanted to help me.

I have all the rules (how the game should work, I just don't know how to code it)
Electronics I already have: Keypad, speaker
Electronics one the way: 2PC 7 Segment Lights (for the top)
I still need to figure out the screens and how to run them.

I have had found only one person online that has tried to recreate it and this is what he did (he has changed it a little):

He had suggested getting a embedded display to simulate all three displays (which has its own programming language, but it would be fine for anyone that is familiar with code)

But when he made his he had three separate displays, micro controller, sound module, and circuit board.

Let me know if anyone can help, and if you have any questions let me know.

Quick video showing it.

J C

Aug 29, 2017, 11:14:22 PM8/29/17
to MakeSaltLake
I would use 96x64 full color OLED screens for each of those ... screen things.