Argentum Circuit Printer?

Joren Miner

Jun 16, 2017, 3:28:37 PM6/16/17
to MakeSaltLake
Hey, what's the current status of the circuit printer? I have a few projects that could use it, and hate to just see it collecting dust. Any chance I could try my hand at finishing it?

Duane Johnson

Jun 16, 2017, 5:51:10 PM6/16/17
to MakeSaltLake
I believe it is finished, but its ink has expired.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Joren Miner <joren...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, what's the current status of the circuit printer? I have a few projects that could use it, and hate to just see it collecting dust. Any chance I could try my hand at finishing it?

Will Blaylock

Jun 17, 2017, 2:36:23 PM6/17/17
to makesa...@googlegroups.com
I would say go ahead, it's currently 3rd on my list after the arts festival

Will Blaylock

Jun 17, 2017, 2:46:37 PM6/17/17
to makesa...@googlegroups.com
the ink is my first concern, have heard from several people that ink and a little love (mostly if not all cleaning) is all that is needed

Joren Miner

Jun 18, 2017, 5:28:43 AM6/18/17
to MakeSaltLake
Thanks for the info. I tried to find new ink, but I'm pretty sure they went out of business. Currently trying to see about alternative ways to get ink and manually refill cartridges. I know Sigma-Aldredge sells pretty much any chemical ever.

J C

Jun 18, 2017, 11:55:04 AM6/18/17
to MakeSaltLake
I was never a fan of the Argentum method -- but there is a way to use the laser and a black spray paint on the copper clad board to produce a masking which you can take to the etchant. If you liked the argentum cause it could print it on paper. They have paper thin copper clad board -- i'd say its about the thicknes of 2 sheets of paper .2mm https://www.amazon.com/Scissor-Flexible-Printed-Circuit-Material/dp/B00K2FTE28/ -- not sure what your actual application is, but hopefully that can get you moving.

Duane Johnson

Jun 18, 2017, 9:28:01 PM6/18/17
to MakeSaltLake
FWIW, I have an AgIC pen and paper:

I'd be happy to lend it out.

(Apparently they will close the online store by the end of June to focus on production manufacturing rather than retail sales of their product).

Joren Miner

Jun 18, 2017, 10:44:10 PM6/18/17
to MakeSaltLake
Thanks for the suggestions! I might as well try the laser printing method, an AgIC pen would be awesome if I could draw fine enough to use it for what I need. I have a few photoflash capacitor charging IC's that charge 10-15x faster than disposable camera circuits, and am designing some boards to make into experimental rail and coil guns. It's awesome the IC's are so small (3mmx3mm footprint), it's just a pain to work with XD

J C

Jun 19, 2017, 10:25:21 AM6/19/17
to MakeSaltLake
coilguns were my favorite to make as a kid. winding the coils, not so much fun =P