Next meet?

Selroth

Jan 3, 2012, 5:57:20 PM1/3/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys.

When and where is the next meet?  I'm looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time!

-Brian

Johnie Sublett

Jan 3, 2012, 7:28:12 PM1/3/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
Not sure. I'll let you know if I hear anything though. Did you get to check out my project? Also, votes would be nice since I'm losing something awful. Tell anyone you know as well. I know I'm not being helpful. Sorry bout that. Thanks.
Johnie

Sent from my iPad

CorSec Engineering

Jan 3, 2012, 9:19:02 PM1/3/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
I can't make it this weekend. We do need to get back on schedule. What about the 14th? We can start the 2 week schedule up from there? Sound off if that works for everyone.

Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Selroth

Jan 4, 2012, 12:16:05 PM1/4/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com

Works for me!

(Sent from my mobile device)

Carl Swanson

Jan 4, 2012, 12:17:36 PM1/4/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
I will meet both weeks if there are makers.

Best,

Carl

Lamar Tillery

Jan 4, 2012, 9:20:04 PM1/4/12
to MakerspacePensacola
I'm willing to meet on the 7th and the 14th also. Lookin' forward to
it.

-Lamar

On Jan 4, 11:17 am, Carl Swanson <nsbanz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will meet both weeks if there are makers.
>
> Best,
>
> Carl
>
> On 1/4/2012 11:16 AM, Selroth wrote:
>

> > Works for me!
>
> > (Sent from my mobile device)
>
> > On Jan 3, 2012 8:19 PM, "CorSec Engineering" <corsec...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:corsec...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >     I can't make it this weekend. We do need to get back on schedule.
> >     What about the 14th? We can start the 2 week schedule up from
> >     there? Sound off if that works for everyone.
>
> >     Jonathan Bowen
> >     CorSec Engineering
> >    www.corseceng.com<http://www.corseceng.com>
>
> >     On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Johnie Sublett <suble...@gmail.com
> >     <mailto:suble...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >         Not sure.  I'll let you know if I hear anything though.  Did
> >         you get to check out my project? Also, votes would be nice
> >         since I'm losing something awful.   Tell anyone you know as
> >         well.  I know I'm not being helpful.  Sorry bout that.  Thanks.
> >         Johnie
>
> >         Sent from my iPad
>
> >         On Jan 3, 2012, at 4:57 PM, Selroth <selroth.kas...@gmail.com

Selroth

Jan 4, 2012, 9:36:47 PM1/4/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com

I may do both.  Never been though.  And still need to know a location!

(Sent from my mobile device)

Gmail

Jan 4, 2012, 9:41:07 PM1/4/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com, MakerspacePensacola
Me as well for both dates, I'm assuming at Ozone's pizza.
My daughter is going to bring her eggbot for the show and tell time.....seriously, I love that this can excite kids.

Eric L. Van Iderstine, PE

Thomas Asmuth

Jan 4, 2012, 11:08:03 PM1/4/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
Please come this Sat. if you can because I have an opportunity brewing for us. The Long Hollow Neighborhood Assoc. is interested in our project. Their mission of neighborhood/local community enrichment and creativity/innovation seem to be a perfect fit with the ideas many of us have expressed. They have a building around the corner from the Long Hollow Park that is being under utilized and they are excited about the opportunities that a Makerspace could bring to the neighborhood. They would like to explore how we could make it all work such as work out a cheap lease/sweat equity trade and insurance. This will take a bit of time to develop a framework if our group wishes to proceed.

In the meantime, we have been invited to do a demonstration/show-and-tell on a special day. Pensacola Open Books relocated to another building on the property and on February 4, the bookstore will be hosting a grand opening/open house from 12noon to 10pm. They have invited us to do demos for a few hours between 12-5 in the prospective space they are interested in us occupying.

 I think this would be great for us: 1. to get some visibility in the community and 2. there is no obligation (a tryout for us and them). If people agree, we will need to get some rough ideas of some demos to bounce back at them by Monday/Tuesday to get out some advertising copy. I want to bring the Makerbots, model, and print. What would the rest of you want to do? Johnie, your CNC would rock! Eric, the Eggbot would be epic too!

I suggest that we keep the meeting this Saturday because of the short timeline. Please respond here if you can't make it this Sat. and we will also see you next Sat also to continue our discussions. Please tell us what you could bring to the (demo) table.

regards,

Thomas Asmuth
Assistant Professor
Digital/New Media, Department  of Art
University of West Florida
tas...@uwf.edu

Studio
http://kidneutrino.blogspot.com
thomas...@gmail.com

Thomas Asmuth

Jan 4, 2012, 11:14:28 PM1/4/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
And yes at OZONE Pizzeria. http://www.facebook.com/events/210273792385693/

cheers,

CorSec Engineering

Jan 5, 2012, 1:19:41 AM1/5/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like you have been busy. Is the Open Books space a real space or more like a small classroom/show and tell location where we can do public demos/classes and have meetings? I like the idea of the Long Hollow space because it is near the park. Gives us some near by open space for testing projects or launching space probes :) Did the other space you mentioned before Christmas fall through or is that still open? If we have some serious offers then maybe we need to get a team together and setup some meeting with people to tour the spaces and finalize details.

I could put my robot back together for the open house. It was simple but I might be able to give the code an overhaul and make it do more interesting stuff. It has 3 Omni-Wheels and was designed to do true Omni-Directional motion but I never got around to adding the extra sensors and programing the omni-directional movement. It just uses two wheels to drive and the rear one to steer right now. I have a single EZ1 Sonar sensor on the front to provide object detection. I could add a routine to make it shift left and right instead of turning. Then if the object doesn't clear after a few inches it will switch to turn mode.

I did a wright up on it here. http://societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/node/362

Society of robots is a great resouce. I have an Axon I and Axon II. I got into them before the Arduino crazy took off. They are meatier then the Arduino but I have some libraries that make it rather easy to use.

I just checked and I can make it this Saturday. I am going to the Avalex open house with my friend who works there. My hope is to network a bit and maybe land a position as they expend in the next few months to fill that big office building. It is from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm so I'll be there by 7:00.

I'll bring some of my acrylic ornaments to play with the egg bot :) I did draw the entire rig in sketchup and played with it. I think I can cut new side walls and shift it around a bit to print on most of my kits. I'd like to see one in action. I have the dxf files for the frame if anyone wants to make their own. Sparkfun sells the electronics. Hardware might be fun to locate. I'll eventually have to grab one myself to mod for production.

Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Selroth

Jan 7, 2012, 7:32:29 PM1/7/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com

I don't think I'll make it tonight.  Very, very sorry.  Only just got home, hungry, and would be 45-60min late...

Is next week still a go?  I feel like I'll never get to get into the group, heh.

(Sent from my mobile device)

Thomas Asmuth

Jan 7, 2012, 10:16:36 PM1/7/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
We need to do some planning next week for the Feb. 4 event. Please come if you are free.

Johnie Sublett

Jan 7, 2012, 10:19:23 PM1/7/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
well I was thinking about coming, but my lung partially collapsed on thursday and I got out of the hospital this morning

kidNeutrino

Jan 7, 2012, 10:29:22 PM1/7/12
to MakerspacePensacola
HOLY MOLY! I hope you are feeling better man. catch you next week I
hope.

Carl Swanson

Jan 7, 2012, 10:35:00 PM1/7/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
Next week is still a go.  Should be a good meeting.

Best,
Carl

Eric Van Iderstine

Jan 9, 2012, 12:00:48 AM1/9/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
I'd like the dxf files.
I may not be able to make it Saturday, but the eggbot can be there on the 4th.   I will get a case of ping pong balls to be used.  I have several arduino type projects including my son's pine wood derby car that made it on Rolanddga's Facebook page (has sound system, tilt switch, headlits and tail lights).  The car may be a good hackaday project if I take the time to write it up.

Eric