Speaking of the forums:

1 view

SteveK

Jan 21, 2012, 5:09:50 PM1/21/12
to MakerspacePensacola
Before we get too used to this place, should we hang a closed sign
with a link to the forums? Google Groups is not awesome because it
kinda sorta maybe looks like old school usenet.

Selroth

Jan 21, 2012, 5:42:42 PM1/21/12
to makerspac...@googlegroups.com
I'd rather have a few people with a foot on both the forums and the Google Group before closing down (or even starting to close down) the Google Group.  That will make migration easier, if we do migrate.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I still feel like some people are resistant to the forum I currently have set up (and I don't know why).  I hope I'm not in competition with anyone else, but if I am, I'd like to give them an opportunity to propose their own forum/website as well.

-Brian

SteveK

Jan 21, 2012, 5:44:31 PM1/21/12
to MakerspacePensacola
I think people are hesitant to move away from usenet.