Where to buy wire on a sunday?

Jarren Butterworth

Feb 7, 2016, 4:10:40 PM2/7/16
to makerspaceca
Does anyone know where I could get some thin electrical wire suitable for electronics work on a Sunday?  I've been using 2 rolls and red and white stranded wire about 2mm thick and run out of both and realize the place I buy it from (BC Shavers) will be closed both today and tomorrow.

Nic Hume

Feb 7, 2016, 4:19:40 PM2/7/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Do you know what gauge? I have some spools of stuff that is suitable for low-voltage Arduino work and such… I don't recall if it's solid core, or braided… Probably around 20 gauge or smaller… I will be home around five or six or seven this evening, and would be happy to give you some if it would help…

-N

On Sunday, 7 February 2016, Jarren Butterworth <baron...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know where I could get some thin electrical wire suitable for electronics work on a Sunday?  I've been using 2 rolls and red and white stranded wire about 2mm thick and run out of both and realize the place I buy it from (BC Shavers) will be closed both today and tomorrow.

Nic Hume
[C] 250.661.0822
[E] Nic....@gmail.com

A S

Feb 7, 2016, 4:41:21 PM2/7/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Plus, we have lots of wire at the Makerspace, both on the spools in the Electronics area, and in a plastic bin on the orange shelves (near the "Jumper wires" bins).

A.

Mark

Feb 7, 2016, 4:44:57 PM2/7/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com

There are tons of bits around, in a box in the yellow shelves, on the spools near the biolab.  Every in the gray shelves.

If you only need a few feet, I'm sure you can find plenty.  It's almost all stranded wire.

On 07/02/2016 1:10 PM, Jarren Butterworth wrote:
Does anyone know where I could get some thin electrical wire suitable for electronics work on a Sunday?  I've been using 2 rolls and red and white stranded wire about 2mm thick and run out of both and realize the place I buy it from (BC Shavers) will be closed both today and tomorrow.

Jarren Butterworth

Feb 7, 2016, 5:16:03 PM2/7/16
to makerspaceca
Oh cool thanks guys.  Yeah I only need a tiny bit to solder some feeds on some micro-switches.
Just little stuff like this

It's ok if a grab a foot or so from the space?  Shame the 3d printer is down, I had a couple little frames I needed to print too.  I might pop up tonight then!

A S

Feb 7, 2016, 5:33:12 PM2/7/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Sure, it's OK to grab such an amount from the Space. If you can find the wire in the plastic bin on the orange/yellow shelves, that would be better since it's more "junky". Some of it is solid-core too if you prefer that to stranded.

Mark

Feb 7, 2016, 5:42:15 PM2/7/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com

Seeing your picture reminds me of my favorite piece of HO track..