VI Exotic Hardwoods

Craig Carmichael

Apr 5, 2015, 1:03:13 AM4/5/15
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Ah it's working, great! I'm reposting a few of my messages that may
still be relevant, like this one below.

(As I've gone through my past messages, I see they were getting
through last year, then it quit at some point and I've only recently
discovered it.)

Craig

=================

I made a small sawmill in 2006 and I was doing "VI Exotic Hardwoods"
for a few years. I have a certain amount of wood remaining on the
shelves, pehaps notably gary oak, lombardy poplar and dogwood, plus
smaller pieces and bits of other interesting woods. Some yew and plum
chunks. My prices are good.

So if you're looking for 'craft woods'/hardwoods, give me a call.

Craig
250 384 2626
820 Dunsmuir Road (Esquimalt)

============

>There is a local lumber supplier out here in Sooke. All the wood is
>sourced locally and cut at their shop. They have old growth and
>clear fir and red cedar with a large variety of sizes up to 6 and 8
>inch thicknesses and wide widths. The also have large slabs of fir
>and cedar in widths at least 3 feet and 4 to 6 inch thicknesses,
>with live edge (some of these would make a great coffee table, or if
>two slabs are matched a great conference or dining table). They
>have some yellow cedar (actually a cypress and often called Alaska
>Cypress); widths are a bit less than for the fir and red cedar.
>They have some burl cedar and I think I saw some burl maple. They
>have local maple, including spalted maple, although it seemed a bit
>to punky to me. They can cut blocks for wood turning as well. They
>do mostly wholesale, but will sell retail. I was quite impressed
>with what they had available when I visited. I think their
>inventory varies based on what logs they get from time to time.
>
>Contact Information: Wenstob Timber Resources Ltd., 250-642-1313,
>2050 Idlemore Road, Sooke.
>
>Peter,

mride...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2016, 12:06:13 AM4/20/16
to makerspaceca
Hi Craig,

I am  looking for some small pieces of dogwood and your posts dating back to 2006 keep showing up in my search. Do you possibly still have any dogwood pieces that could produce small boards about 2" x 20 to 24" x 1"? My small project is very dear to me as it is to be a memorial to my late daughter and must be done in dogwood. I would certainly appreciate any help in locating the small amount of dogwood lumber I need. I would like to find several pieces if possible, but will take what I find. Thanks so much in advance.

Regards, Tim Stokes, 850-974-8870

Craig Carmichael

Apr 21, 2016, 2:33:12 AM4/21/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

Sure, I can easily cut plenty of them from remaining dogwood stock. 20" without flaws is generally easier than 24". How's 4$ each for 1"x2"x20", or 5$ for 24" ones? How many would you like?

Cheers,
Craig

=====

Tim Stokes

Apr 21, 2016, 11:28:14 AM4/21/16
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Hi Craig,

Wow, so greatful for your response. Your prices are very fair. If possible I would like at least 6 pieces, possibly up to 10 if shipping doesn't prove too costly overall. Just rough cuts of at least 1" or greater, 2-3" widths and lengths of 20"  or greater. I'll take to finishing from there. Please let me know how much you can render from these figures, the shipping costs and your payment details. I can do paypal, cc, check, etc.

Best regards, Tim Stokes

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone