printing an object for me

Catherine Culley

Jan 24, 2017, 5:42:28 PM1/24/17
to makers...@googlegroups.com
Hi Makerspace members,

It says on your website that some members may provide 3d printing as a commercial service.  I wish to make some corner mouldings for my house, as they are no longer available for purchase.  A photo is attached, showing the door and mouldings, as well as a cropped photo showing the exact item I need.  I have some loose ones that can be used as a template.

If you could do this (I need about 24 of them), please let me know what it would cost and how long it would take.  Thank you.

Catherine Culley
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0222 copy.jpg

Chris Stone

Jan 24, 2017, 5:58:08 PM1/24/17
to makerspaceca, cat...@yahoo.com
Hello Catherine,

Please go make this post over on http://talk.makerspace.ca

Very few people check the google group anymore.

Cheers,
Chris

Eric Davies

Jan 24, 2017, 6:00:44 PM1/24/17
to makers...@googlegroups.com

If you have one sitting around that can be used as a model, I would suggest that molding your mouldings might be easier and cheaper. A friend and I made a small vacuum former that could be used to make a mold in minutes. Then you would just pack the mold with plaster of paris or something of similar nature, let it harden, and repeat. The makerspace may have a vacuum former by now.

The makerspace has a CNC machine that would probably cut out very nice wood mouldings with the right person at the helm, whoever that would be.

Eric Davies