San Diego RepRaps

David Govea

Mar 5, 2012, 4:40:45 PM3/5/12
to Makerspace San Diego
Hello all,

I saw this group mentioned in John's youtube videos..
Almost finished ordering the parts for my first printer (a prusa v2)

Appreciated the tip on the GT2 belt!

Anyways - I don't think the makerspace is for me (located in north
county), but I was hoping to talk repraps with others in SD in the
future.

Regards,
David Govea

Richard Rouse

Mar 5, 2012, 5:34:37 PM3/5/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I have a bunch of these belts in my lab at UCSD Hillcrest. If you want
to stop by I'll hook you up with a couple. I have a bunch of dead
prusas now which I use for scrap parts... i make mendelmaxs now among
other random repstraps.

Richard

--
Richard Rouse
HTS Resources, LLC.

David Govea

Mar 5, 2012, 6:25:39 PM3/5/12
to Makerspace San Diego
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the offer! I really appreciate it.
However, as of earier today I have gt2 belts/pulleys on the way from
sdp-si.

MendelMax looks like a great redesign - thought about making one but
decided to go a bit more standard for my first build.
Only things left to buy is hardware (minus rods - nuts/bolts/etc only)
and a piece of glass to sit above the heatbed.
Shooting for <$500, currently at $457.

Unbelievably excited at this point..

On Mar 5, 2:34 pm, Richard Rouse <rjdro...@htsresources.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I have a bunch of these belts in my lab at UCSD Hillcrest. If you want
> to stop by I'll hook you up with a couple. I have a bunch of dead
> prusas now which I use for scrap parts... i make mendelmaxs now among
> other random repstraps.
>
> Richard
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM, David Govea <gove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
>
> > I saw this group mentioned in John's youtube videos..
> > Almost finished ordering the parts for my first printer (a prusa v2)
>
> > Appreciated the tip on the GT2 belt!
>
> > Anyways - I don't think the makerspace is for me (located in north
> > county), but I was hoping to talk repraps with others in SD in the
> > future.
>
> > Regards,
> > David Govea
>
> --
> Richard Rouse
> HTS Resources, LLC.
> 325 W. Washington St. #2-150
> San Diego, CA 92103 USA
> 619-846-8291
> rjdro...@htsresources.comwww.htsresources.com

James Newton

Mar 5, 2012, 10:15:19 PM3/5/12
to Makerspace San Diego
Hey Dave, I'm in North county as well! Escondido in fact! Think there
is any chance for enough of us "northerners" to have makers club up
here?

--
James Newton

David Govea

Mar 9, 2012, 6:51:05 PM3/9/12
to Makerspace San Diego
Hi James,
I'm in encinitas, myself..

Anyone have any tips on plastic filament sources? Looking to get a
little bit of PLA (maybe some ABS too) to get me started. Don't want
to finish the thing and have to then wait on plastic :P
Anything local? Ridout? Doesn't look like it..

Mailman's about to bring me the printed parts! Cutting rods tonight..

Richard Rouse

Mar 9, 2012, 8:07:21 PM3/9/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
I use normally Ultimachine stuff, but seems like my last batch of ABS
(from ultimachine) is softer then past (couldn't get my wade's
extruder to work because so soft whereas it was never a problem in
past for almost full year). So next time I buy ABS, I will go Makerbot
and buy PLA from Ultimachine .. of course you got to eat the shipping.

This is how I feel it may not be the actual case but when I went to
Ultimachine, they didn't experiment with ABS (just PLA) whereas most
makerbot guys use ABS.

Richard

--

Richard Rouse
HTS Resources, LLC.

rjdr...@htsresources.com
www.htsresources.com

Ron Garrison

Mar 10, 2012, 2:22:53 PM3/10/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
What size do you need? I could help you out with some clear 3mm PLA or some ABS in a variety of colors. All came from Makerbot.

Best Regards,
Ron