Want to show off your 3D Printer at Space conference in San Diego, May 24, 2013?

Bruce Mackenzie

May 22, 2013, 12:55:24 AM5/22/13
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
Want to show off your 3D Printer at Space conference in San Diego?

To those who own 3D printers, Rep Rap, portable CNC, and similar machines:
Would you enjoy showing them off to hundreds of Space enthusiasts at the
International Space Development Conference, this weekend (May 24- 27), in San Diego ?

We have an exhibit table. But, our only local people do not have a RepRap to demo.

Our goal is to show how 3D printing can be done on Mars to build instruments,
household furnishings, greenhouse equipment, and other gear;  instead of
bringing that from Earth.
The plastic feed stock can be made from CO2 and H2O from the Mars air
and permafrost, instead of from Earth.

It can be a lot of fun, if you are so inclined.
We are also assembling teams to plan, design equipment, test, and publicize
FabLab equipment at a prototype Mars habitat.
Call me if interested,   781-249-5437
(Please, do not reply via facebook or google groups, as we won't see it.)

The Mars Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to education and
research about living on Mars, including novel ways of manufacturing on Mars.

thanks,
 - Bruce Mackenzie
   Mars Foundation
   BMack...@alum.mit.edu