biotech automation startup opp

Richard Rouse

Sep 14, 2012, 12:07:59 PM9/14/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
hi folks,

We have a new biotech startup selling various small volume reagents
and am developing reprap type tools for facilitating analysis in this
format - www.oneworldlab.com. So we are looking for one (maybe two)
developers who would be interested in collaborating in making systems
that are customized for various type so assays that we are working on.

Its still very much in boot strap phase so this isn't a job off the
bat, but randomly we get contracts and we have developed numerous
modules that we want eventually to build a webshop out of. This person
will help with ironing out design issues and assist with manufacturing
which includes even repraps.

Working arrangements can be totally flexible, we have a type of reprap
lab at Sorrento Valley and have a small one in Clairemont.

Anyway the folks I have met on this group have been really smart,
creative and cool so putting the word out.

regards,
Richard

--
Richard Rouse
HTS Resources, LLC.

Eric Y.

Sep 14, 2012, 5:34:32 PM9/14/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
Sounds interesting. Are you looking for any skill sets in particular? When you said you're looking for a 'developer' I first assumed software/firmware because that term seems to be used more for coders than anyone else, but then towards the end of your post it sounded more like you needed mechanical design/mfg skills. One way or another I can ask around in my little circle.

Richard Rouse

Sep 14, 2012, 7:15:41 PM9/14/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

I strive to be a ninja in mechanical, electrical and software :) This
I guess would be the expectation the willingness to put forth the
effort to master.

Richard

Eric Y.

Sep 14, 2012, 11:29:36 PM9/14/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
Gotcha, I like the way you think :)

Eric Y.

Sep 22, 2012, 7:49:14 PM9/22/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
Hey Richard - this thread may not be the best place for this, but I just read about this software for managing a fleet of 3D printers and thought you might be interested if you haven't seen it already:

Richard Rouse

Sep 22, 2012, 8:02:47 PM9/22/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Thanx for showing but this is very straightforward using kliment
printrun. There is a command line python script that allows you to run
gcode. I guess its also possible to designate multiple com ports then
it would be possible to have one computer running multiple bots.

I never have received a gig where I have had to do it (nor a request
on how I would go about doing it) so I am not sure how much market
interest there is for this.
regards
Richard