makerplace open house

Richard Rouse

Mar 5, 2012, 2:51:53 PM3/5/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

Makerplace is pretty impressive you should check out the open house
this Saturday.
http://www.makerplace.com/

It costs $150/month or $30/day. Maybe you can get a deal if the group signs up.

Richard

--
Richard Rouse
HTS Resources, LLC.

James Newton

Mar 5, 2012, 10:08:57 PM3/5/12
to Makerspace San Diego
Huh... So if I just want to go for a day I can just pay $30? One time?
That might be worth doing once in a while...

--
James.

On Mar 5, 11:51 am, Richard Rouse <rjdro...@htsresources.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Makerplace is pretty impressive you should check out the open house
> this Saturday.http://www.makerplace.com/
>
> It costs $150/month or $30/day. Maybe you can get a deal if the group signs up.
>
> Richard
>
> --
> Richard Rouse
> HTS Resources, LLC.
> 325 W. Washington St. #2-150
> San Diego, CA 92103 USA
> 619-846-8291
> rjdro...@htsresources.comwww.htsresources.com

Richard Rouse

Mar 5, 2012, 10:12:58 PM3/5/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
You do have to get trained to use the equipment and I bet they are
going to charge for this. I am not sure how much it will be though

Richard

rjdr...@htsresources.com
www.htsresources.com

john redman

Mar 5, 2012, 10:58:50 PM3/5/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
I assume they run similar to TechShop ( http://www.techshop.ws/ )

TechShop requires ~$50 training per tool.

-john

Richard Rouse

Mar 6, 2012, 9:32:19 AM3/6/12
to makerspace...@googlegroups.com
thanks John,

That's good info we can use for sanity check for these guys.

These things are going to be everywhere

Richard

John

Mar 9, 2012, 2:37:57 AM3/9/12
to Makerspace San Diego
They do require you take a class on equipment you want to use. BUT! If
you can show them you know how to use it safely it's only like, $15
for the one time review.