Hello & Greetings

David Kaiser

Sep 25, 2023, 1:30:11 PM9/25/23
to Makers Alliance
Hi All,  I'm David.

I'm a recent migrant from SoCal to NE Ohio.  I work in the software
space, but have done some HW engineering work.  My hobbies include
designing/building/repairing music synthesizers, but have become
interested in IoT and the so-called smart-home/automation space, among
other interest areas.  I had a CNC but gave it away in California before
moving here, although I did bring my fiber laser and some other tools.

I have designed many PCB's in KiCad, including mixed-signal integration
things (i.e. an ADC board to add Analog inputs for arduino or Raspberry
Pi) and would like to (at some point) be able to fab my own prototyping
PCB's.  I would be willing to teach classes in using the KiCad
application suite and PCB Board design.

Other random skills include Linux device driver development, and I would
love to finally learn FPGA and DSP programming (those eval kits are too
expensive so I'll have to DIY it)

I visited the space over the weekend during the IngenuityFest event.
(How many lighthouses were soldered in total? it looked busy all day)

I'll plan on coming to some of the Tuesday night Open Hours events to
meet more people and see if there are areas I can contribute or help.

David

Eric Faehnrich

Sep 25, 2023, 1:39:00 PM9/25/23
to 'David Kaiser' via Makers' Alliance
I would love a kicad class. DSP programming would be great too.

-Eric

Sam Harmon

Sep 25, 2023, 1:47:57 PM9/25/23
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Welcome!

To answer the badge question - we ran out of kits some time around
4:30 on Sunday - My best guess as to the quantity was around 240 total
over the weekend - I think that may be a record high for an event!
Given there wasn't much time left in the festival, we opted to stop
for the day instead of batching up more kits, but kept the space open
for visitors to look around until closing.

Sam
> --

Sam Harmon