Museum of memories

ryan kinney

Feb 28, 2024, 11:46:25 AMFeb 28
to David Kaiser' via Makers' Alliance
In the museum of memories project I have a whole bunch of old computers and cell phones. Is there anyone that would be interested in trying to capture pictures and videos off with those for me?

Eric Faehnrich

Feb 28, 2024, 11:55:17 AMFeb 28
to makersa...@googlegroups.com

What's this museum of memories project?

What kind of computers and phones do you have? I'd help look into what could be done.  Getting data off old computers would be the easier part.  One thing I found going through my old phones are the old batteries were puffy, so didn't want to risk a fire trying to charge them.

On 2/28/24 11:46, 'ryan kinney' via Makers' Alliance wrote:
In the museum of memories project I have a whole bunch of old computers and cell phones. Is there anyone that would be interested in trying to capture pictures and videos off with those for me?

ryan kinney

Feb 28, 2024, 12:07:13 PMFeb 28
to makersa...@googlegroups.com, Eric Faehnrich
This is my collection of found photos and videos from the trash. I put them on display for festivals. The first was at brite winter with collage pictures on one of the frames and a 3X3 shelf of Old Tube TVs and family videos on VHS.

The computers I have are mostly desktops and some laptops
 The cell phones are a wide range: from flip phone to newer
some probably have cards that can just be stripped
 others have only internal memory
Both computers or phones or may not have some kind of a password.

Ian ‍

Feb 28, 2024, 12:56:07 PMFeb 28
to makersa...@googlegroups.com, Eric Faehnrich
Probably pretty easy to do.

-Ian
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2024, at 12:07 PM, 'ryan kinney' via Makers' Alliance <makersa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

This is my collection of found photos and videos from the trash. I put them on display for festivals. The first was at brite winter with collage pictures on one of the frames and a 3X3 shelf of Old Tube TVs and family videos on VHS.

ryan kinney

Mar 6, 2024, 1:27:13 PMMar 6
to makersa...@googlegroups.com, Eric Faehnrich
Is there anyone that wants to take on this periodic project?

-Ryan