Tickets are now available for Mini Maker Faire Melbourne on Saturday 14th Jan 2012!

Paul Zee

Dec 16, 2011, 9:25:53 AM12/16/11
to makerfair...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

Thanks for signing up to the general announcement list for Mini Maker Faire Melbourne.

It's been a pretty crazy week for Maker Faire, with lots of organisational elements coming together in quick succession.

The three big items to note are the call to makers, the official confirmation of the venue and the opening of the ticket office.

We'll be at Swinburne University of Technology in Hawthorn on Saturday 14th January 2012
We're very pleased to announce that our sponsor and partner Swinburne University of Technology have graciously offered us the use of their Hawthorn campus for the event.  The location is just a few minutes walk from Glenferrie train station, and has a great mix of bright open space, lecture theatre and classrooms.  It really is a great location.  We'll let you know more about how we're planning to use the space on the day as the planning progresses.

Call to Makers
We also announced the official call for makers earlier in the week.  We've been engaging with various groups through our direct network for some time now, but the call out for submissions was officially launched this week.  Already we're seeing some wonderful proposals and we're excited to see the variety, wonder and inventiveness of the submissions.  And we're sure you'll appreciate seeing them on the day too.  If you know of any budding Makers or accomplished artisans, please get them to submit a proposal:

Tickets are now available
And if that wasn't enough, today we opened the ticket bookings for attendees.  The response has been fantastic!  As at the end of first day we've clocked over 50 tickets booked: that's a phenomenal start. As the media campaign ramps into full swing next week, we're expecting the remaining 145 tickets could go pretty quickly, so if you haven't secured yours yet, we recommend you get in quickly:

Thanks again to all of you for supporting the Mini Maker Faire Melbourne event, and keep posted for further updates over the next few weeks.

The Mini Maker Faire Melbourne team.