Cincinnati Maker Faire

Jason Langdon

Mar 28, 2012, 2:59:01 PM3/28/12
to Maker Cincy, john.he...@possibleworldwide.com, Carrie...@possibleworldwide.com, kelly...@possibleworldwide.com

We are in the exploratory phase of creating a Cincinnati Maker Faire
for Spring 2013. If you are interested in helping out, we will be
meeting in the evening next Wednesday, April 4th.

It would be great to get together and take inventory of what resources
we have, including member capabilities, relationships and venues. We
will also determine if there is a Cincinnati-specific direction we
want to take this event. Or region-specific, as we want to welcome our
brothers and sisters from Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Louisville
and Lexington.

Where we meet will depend on how many people we have coming. Please
let us know if you will be able to make it so that we can figure that
out.

Thanks,

Jason Langdon

P.S. Thanks to Dave Menninger and Jason Bailey for inviting me into
this group.

Matthew Ferguson

Mar 28, 2012, 3:04:53 PM3/28/12
to maker...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday nights are kind of tough for me as it's normally my night to practice with my fire tools down at The KOIpound. My performance work has taken the front burner full force since I've been back from working NYC Fashion Week Jan/Feb. But, I can be available later in the evening or even skip if absolutely necessary as I am very interested in seeing a Maker Faire happen here.

I have lots to catch up on with my fellow makers, BTW. Lots of big changes and opportunities. I miss our Creative Collective meetings.

I hope you all are well!

-Master Pokes

P.S. A quick plug, Dante's Gypsy Circus is also experiencing some changes and we have a HUGE show going on Friday May 18th at Circus Mojo with none other than Ashville's The Accidental Circus. The show is $15 and I can't tell you enough how you do NOT want to miss this show. Find us on the web or on FB. I also have tickets myself if you want to get them from me.

Dave Menninger

Mar 28, 2012, 3:53:28 PM3/28/12
to maker...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there!

~Dave

Jason Bailey

Mar 28, 2012, 3:54:04 PM3/28/12
to maker...@googlegroups.com
I, too, will be there.

Jason

Jason Langdon

Mar 28, 2012, 4:15:17 PM3/28/12
to Maker Cincy

This event definitely needs fire, but there will be plenty more
meetings. It sounds like you are in for the long haul and that's
great.

On Mar 28, 3:04 pm, Matthew Ferguson <matthewefergu...@gmail.com>

Chris Davis

Mar 28, 2012, 4:58:40 PM3/28/12
to maker...@googlegroups.com
Sign me up, sounds great.
Chris Davis - ch...@thedavislabs.com - 617-500-2449

Dave Menninger

Apr 4, 2012, 2:35:43 PM4/4/12
to maker...@googlegroups.com
Those who haven't seen it ( or haven't seen it in a while ) might want
to look over this info:

http://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-checklist-for-setting-up-a-Maker-Faire

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGR0T2hySHRIMTFWMWd4eVhOdWdUaWc6MA

See you tonight!

~Dave

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Jason Langdon

Langdon, Jason

Apr 4, 2012, 3:37:50 PM4/4/12
to maker...@googlegroups.com

That wiki is a great find. I have just been going by the info on their
website.

As for the application, as you can see they are asking for a lot of
details. So we will work toward that but I don't see us submitting it for
a while.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

Jason Langdon