Marvin Stuart wants to help out and more

Jim Dallam

May 14, 2013, 10:57:00 PM5/14/13
to Jason Langdon, maker...@googlegroups.com, marvin...@hotmail.com
Jason (+):

This is to introduce Marvin Stuart to the group.  He is a member at Hive13.  We talked at the Hive meeting tonight and he expressed an interest in volunteering to help by perhaps soliciting sponsorships for the Cincinnati mini maker faire from Cincinnati Bell and Time Warner.  His email address is above.  Maybe you two could communicate enough to enable Marvin to see what he can do in this regard.

We also had the leadership and kids from Boy Scout troop 299 at the meeting and chatted them up about working to have a project to show and/or volunteering as a group to assist on the day of the mini maker faire as a scout service project.

I'm also expecting the sponsor mailing from Eric Avner at USBank but it was not in today's mail.  I'll share on that when it arrives.

Jim Dallam

Langdon, Jason

May 14, 2013, 11:53:14 PM5/14/13
to Jim Dallam, maker...@googlegroups.com, marvin...@hotmail.com

Great news on all fronts, Jim.

Marvin, I'll follow up with some sponsorship information.

Onward!

Jason

JASON LANGDON
associate creative director
design studio lead / cincinnati

POSSIBLE
+1 513.297.1055
+1 513.227.4318 mobile
JASON....@POSSIBLE.COM

WWW.POSSIBLE.COM

Jim Dallam

May 15, 2013, 6:45:50 AM5/15/13
to Langdon, Jason, maker...@googlegroups.com, Marvin Stuart
All,

To correct my error, there is no 'dot' in Marvin's email address.

Jim

J Dartt

May 15, 2013, 11:45:55 AM5/15/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com, Langdon, Jason, Marvin Stuart
I also had interest from Igineering (www.igineering.com) which teaches children STEM activities (many of which involve Legos).

Hopefully, Branda has reached out. 3DLT said they definitely wanted to be a part. I'm in talks with LPK. They don't know what kind of a booth they should do or if they only want to sponsor yet.

I didn't think about Boy Scout troops. I'll ask around and see if anyone has anything interesting happening.

I'm trying to convince my husband, who's in the Cincinnati Cycle Club, to do a Maker Ride, and let a group ride their bikes out for it.

Langdon, Jason

May 15, 2013, 10:43:44 PM5/15/13
to J Dartt, maker...@googlegroups.com, Marvin Stuart

Wow, iGineering looks amazing. Perfect fit for Cincinnati Maker Faire. 3DLT is great as well.

Julie and Marvin, I shared a sponsor list Google document with you. It has a tab for cash sponsors and a separate tab for in-kind sponsors. There is a column to indicate what state they are in (contacted, verbal agreement, invoiced, etc.) Please add your entries so we can keep them organized. Any groups planning to exhibit should fill out the application on the website at www.cincinnatimakerfaire.com.

Thanks all,