Maker Faire Application Live!

Jason Langdon

Apr 27, 2013, 10:59:34 PM4/27/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

We are now accepting applications to exhibit at Cincinnati Maker Faire on October 19 in Washington Park! Just go to www.cincinnatimakerfaire.com, select the "Makers Apply Here" link on the right, then let us know what you would like to do.

We also launched some social pages:

https://www.facebook.com/CincinnatiMakerFaire (this one will be the most active and up to date)

https://plus.google.com/113680987372806823738/posts (mostly for key milestones and big announcements)

https://twitter.com/CincyMakerFaire (mostly for key milestones and big announcements)

Lastly, we are working on launching a Kickstarter to cover some initial expenses. Looks for that in the next week or so.

Thank you and please spread the word to makers far and wide. We want everyone to have to opportunity to share something great that they made. Also, we are still looking for some large spectacles to get attention and set the maker faire mood, so bring us leads to any existing structures or ideas for structures we could build.

Jason

Jim Dallam

Apr 29, 2013, 10:36:12 PM4/29/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com
Jason:

It looks like good progress!  Any chance you can stop by the HIVE tomorrow night after work to talk?  I'm still hoping to step up and take on more of a role than we've done so far.

Jim

Jason

Langdon, Jason

Apr 29, 2013, 11:40:11 PM4/29/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com

I need to fly to New York tomorrow night, but maybe next Tuesday. I think we need to figure out a strong push to get people to submit applications to be in the faire.

Have you guys reached out to the other hacker spaces, like LVL1 in Louisville?

JASON LANGDON
associate creative director
design studio lead / cincinnati

POSSIBLE
+1 513.297.1055
+1 513.227.4318 mobile
JASON....@POSSIBLE.COM

WWW.POSSIBLE.COM

Jim Dallam

Apr 30, 2013, 7:00:44 AM4/30/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com
I'll work on a maker invitation form letter / template for next Tuesday.

Jim

Jason Langdon

May 7, 2013, 10:55:57 AM5/7/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com

Our first piece of press: http://www.soapboxmedia.com/features/050713makerfaire.aspx

Get the word out to more makers!

Jason

Jim Dallam

May 7, 2013, 12:45:22 PM5/7/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com
Nice job, Jason.  Thanks for the Hive13 plug!

Jim

J Dartt

May 7, 2013, 6:50:26 PM5/7/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com
I have some interest from 3DLT, who just did Disrupt NY. Hopefully, they've applied.

I've also got a contact for the SCPA to see if the kids want to do something.

I've got another iSPACE board meeting in early June. Going to see if we can get a Maker Saturday going, as the Henry Ford is, to get some kid projects. They are also tied in with the FIRST robotics, so I want to get word to those teams to apply.

One of the members is affiliated with TWC, so I will try to gently pitch sponsorship.

I think we may also be able to get some attention via Cincinnati USA, since they're involved with tourism and this could be a draw.

I've not decided on hosting my own booth for kids yet, as I'm still trying to organize a few groups and don't know just yet if I'll end up being recruited to volunteer for one of them.

I'm pitching this as great exposure for businesses, so I've tapped into the major social networks, but word of mouth seems to be effective also.

Any word on the Kickstarter?

So exciting!

Julie

Langdon, Jason

May 7, 2013, 7:49:16 PM5/7/13
to maker...@googlegroups.com

Wow, thanks for pushing forward in all of these directions, Julie.

Regarding the Kickstarter, I had it all ready to go but now it's looking like we won't need it. I don't think we will have any trouble with sponsorships covering our expenses. But it's still in our back pocket in case we need it down the road.

Jason