Problem with ABS - bubbles on first layer

Radosław Urbański

Aug 8, 2014, 10:29:54 AM8/8/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a little problem with printing models with ABS. No matter which layer high I choose, I always get bubbles on few first layers. You can see that on images. Do you have any idea how to get rid of that?

Thanks for help,
Radek
IMG_6244.JPG
IMG_6245.JPG

Ryan Carlyle

Aug 8, 2014, 11:02:24 AM8/8/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
What temp are you running your HBP?

How are you leveling the build plate?

Have you calibrated extrusion volume with 100% infill calibration boxes and adjusting feedstockMultiplier?

Radosław Urbański

Aug 8, 2014, 11:09:58 AM8/8/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
HBP temp is on 110C.

I've got MB Rep 2x and I've tried level the build plate several times, but with no effect.

About the calibration - this is the first time when I recived this bubbles, but I made a lot of prints before. When I use PLA, it doesn't happen.

Ryan Carlyle

Aug 8, 2014, 11:48:07 AM8/8/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Ok, search the forum for extrusion volume calibration, and follow the instructions. You're probably just over-extruding.

Joseph Chiu

Aug 8, 2014, 12:09:12 PM8/8/14
to make...@googlegroups.com

Lowering the plate by a tiny amount could help a bit, but as Ryan already pointed out, it is showing signs of extruding too much material while laying down the solid base layers - the exces material has nowhere to go but out!