New 5th gen replicator, problems already.

Jay Heg

Aug 6, 2014, 7:35:03 PM8/6/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
So this is my first 3D printer. I bought a brand new 5th gen Replicator directly from Makerbot. I followed the startup directions and got to the table leveling procedure. Here I encountered my first problem, the LED light never comes on like its suppose to. I can turn the knobs all i want but nothing ever happens. Eventually if I go far enough the LCD display will say checking location and then move to the next calibration spot. Again, no LED ever comes on. Am I doing something wrong? I have watched numerous videos on youtube and in every video there is a LED light that comes on. So now I dont know if my table is level or not. I ran through the first test print and it came out pretty good, the chains. But still, I don't know if my table is level or not...

Now to my second problem. I connected the replicator to my laptop via USB. Using makerware I can send prints to the machine no problem. Infact as I'm typing this its printing. But for some reason the onboard camera will not work. I can not view anything. Is there a separate on switch I need to press or something to get it to work? I hate not having things work like they are supposed to out of the box. Its driving me insane....

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jasen Bartlett

Aug 7, 2014, 3:22:28 PM8/7/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Have you updated the firmware? Contact makerbot support, you have a slew of issues. If they can't fix it have them ship you a new one.

Jetguy

Aug 7, 2014, 4:07:45 PM8/7/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
Camera only works when connected to Ethernet or wireless. It does not work over USB