M.Rule

Sep 22, 2010, 11:11:14 PM9/22/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
so, what did you have to tweak ?

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM, coasterman <coast...@live.com> wrote:
Got the belt working.

On Sep 22, 10:47 pm, coasterman <coaster...@live.com> wrote:
> Now the belt wont even turn... Im almost ready to return the ABP...
> hmmm, wheres the return policy
>
> On Sep 22, 10:24 pm, coasterman <coaster...@live.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a Batch XV Makerbot 1674, and it has just started working
> > again. I have a new ABP that is causing real pain. The object sticks
> > like heck to the platform (I think I could fix it by raising the Z
> > higher). The belt allows a lot of tilting and mushing, and it just
> > simply does not put pressure on the HBP to keep flat (air bubbles in
> > between platform and belt). Anyone have suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Charles Edward Pax

Sep 28, 2010, 9:38:40 PM9/28/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
Is the ABP tilting or is the object tilting? If the ABP is tilting,
check your magnets on the ABP and on the Y stage. If any magnets
protrude beyond the wood surface, you will experience tilting. Also
give a look for debris.

Wipe off the belt's surface a few times. There may be a oily film from
the die cutting process.

Charles Edward Pax
 blog: http://charlespax.com/
 twitter: http://twitter.com/charlespax

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 21:13, coasterman <coast...@live.com> wrote:
> I am now fed up with my platform. Every object has horrible quality,
> with bent sides, and it tilts back and forth while printing.
> Unacceptable. Any tweaks? Mabye I have to make the belt perfect?
>
> On Sep 22, 11:27 pm, coasterman <coaster...@live.com> wrote:
>> It turns out that the thing mixed up the channels and the heated build
>> platform was at the extruder's temperature. It messed up the roller
>> and it had no grip.
>>
>> I also watched as a print failed shortly after I heard cracking
>> acrylic and looked up to see the insulator retainer fail. Fortunately
>> I have 3 replacements-an acrylic one and 2 printed ones.

>> On Sep 22, 11:11 pm, "M.Rule" <mrule7...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > so, what did you have to tweak ?

Charles Edward Pax

Sep 28, 2010, 9:39:33 PM9/28/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
You're using the relay board, right?

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 21:37, coasterman <coast...@live.com> wrote:
> Here are some pics:
> http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/coasterman1/3D%20Printer/?action=view&current=2010-09-2821-32-10656.jpg
> http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/coasterman1/3D%20Printer/?action=view&current=2010-09-2821-32-23011.jpg

> On Sep 28, 9:13 pm, coasterman <coaster...@live.com> wrote:
>> I am now fed up with my platform. Every object has horrible quality,
>> with bent sides, and it tilts back and forth while printing.
>> Unacceptable. Any tweaks? Mabye I have to make the belt perfect?
>>
>> On Sep 22, 11:27 pm, coasterman <coaster...@live.com> wrote:
>>

>> > It turns out that the thing mixed up the channels and the heated build
>> > platform was at the extruder's temperature. It messed up the roller
>> > and it had no grip.
>>
>> > I also watched as a print failed shortly after I heard cracking
>> > acrylic and looked up to see the insulator retainer fail. Fortunately
>> > I have 3 replacements-an acrylic one and 2 printed ones.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ddurant

Sep 28, 2010, 11:41:10 PM9/28/10
to MakerBot Operators
Which firmware do you have?

Possibly related: http://wiki.makerbot.com/forum/t-270249/bug-in-firmware-mk5-v2-4

On Sep 28, 10:58 pm, coasterman <coaster...@live.com> wrote:
> Now it seems that the printer is freaking out. Just after a print when
> I feel the bottom of the object it is burning hot. I check the control
> panel and it reports that the platform temp was over 160C even when
> its supposed to be at 120C. Why is it doing this?
>
> On Sep 28, 9:58 pm, coasterman <coaster...@live.com> wrote:
>

> > Yes. I do not want to risk frying my extruder controller.
>
> > It appears that the platform is stuck well to the Y stage, and the
> > belt pulls up a tiny bit from the heat spreader, like the belt has a
> > bit too much slack. Sometimes I'll also see a little bit of what looks
> > like condensation on the underside of the belt between the roller and
> > the HBP.
>
> > The ABP is actuallly held on by friction-fit magnets, due to how I had
> > to use a vice to get the magnets in it was such a tight fit.
>
> > I'll post a video if I can.
>
> > On Sep 28, 9:39 pm, Charles Edward Pax <charles....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > You're using the relay board, right?
>
> > > Charles Edward Pax
> > >  blog:http://charlespax.com/
> > >  twitter:http://twitter.com/charlespax

Message has been deleted

ddurant

Sep 29, 2010, 10:16:00 AM9/29/10
to MakerBot Operators
>> Which firmware do you have?
>> Possibly related: http://wiki.makerbot.com/forum/t-270249/bug-in-firmware-mk5-v2-4
> I have the latest firmware: MB 2.2, EC 2.4.

Maybe that new EC firmware is causing problems...

On Sep 29, 12:17 am, coasterman <coaster...@live.com> wrote:
> I have the latest firmware: MB 2.2, EC 2.4.
>
> I am now actually taking the ABP off and putting the regular acrylic
> back on because I'm so fed up with crappy prints. They look like the
> work of a kindergarden worksphop instead of a "precision CNC machine."
> The temp always goes to 170C even though i'ts set to 120. Thin objects
> will then curl under with the belt instead of peel off cleanly.
>
> I also found that there is a bad spot on the platform where the belt
> apparently pops up.
>
> Well, overall, this platform has given me hedaches for the week that
> I've had it. When I go to remove a part that failed to peel off in
> ejection, the entire belt pulls up. It also will pull up if there is
> ANY pressure on the object from the extruder.
>
> So it basically COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of a heated build
> platform. The belt just pulls right off, even though it feels like it
> is a good base.
>
> I am going to give another try at the belt on my 3rd one, hope this
> works.

Koen Kooi

Sep 29, 2010, 10:18:05 AM9/29/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
My EC problems went away after switching to a short cat6 cable on the makerbot and on my mendel twisting the stepper wires helped a lot.

Martin Bogomolni

Sep 29, 2010, 10:45:09 AM9/29/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
Also, remember to manually re-enter the PID settings. I found after
the EC 2.4 upgrade that my PID settings were wildly wrong.

-M

Message has been deleted

Ross Mosshart

Sep 30, 2010, 12:28:58 AM9/30/10
to make...@googlegroups.com

As someone who has little to no clue, i would hazard a guess that the pcb heat board is getting too much power...is your relay sticking open?

On Sep 29, 2010 11:21 PM, "coasterman" <coast...@live.com> wrote:

I nailed my PID settings just now, but the platform seems to be 100x
hotter than it should be. Every print that I try to eject somehow
bends when ejecting, and then is soft on the bottom and burns my hand.

The platform, over time, keeps on getting hotter and hotter, far above
the set value.

Any tips on how to fix this problem?

On Sep 29, 10:45 am, Martin Bogomolni <martinb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Also, remember to manually r...