MAKERFACTORY.com

Vernon Effalo

Nov 16, 2010, 2:21:31 AM11/16/10
to makerbot
hello!

we'd like to share our latest project with everyone:

it's a free service for connecting people who need things 3d printed with fabricators like you who might have idle robots sitting around. we've seeded the site with a 100+ dome connectors we need printed, but this service might be super-useful for organizing larger-scale jobs like the recent whistle print-a-thon.

we'd appreciate any help getting the word out! comments, constructive criticism, and bug reports always welcome —› makerf...@effalo.com

take care,

EFFALO

Richard K

Nov 17, 2010, 10:55:08 AM11/17/10
to MakerBot Operators
Awesome!! Really good work and very intuitive interface!

One comment about the submittal process
When submitting the proposal would be nice to have more than 333
characters. Can get the message across in less but it is challenging.
> criticism, and bug reports always welcome —› makerfact...@effalo.com
>
> take care,
>
> EFFALOhttp://effalo.com

Ross Mosshart

Nov 17, 2010, 11:03:38 AM11/17/10
to make...@googlegroups.com

I would like to be able to upload more than one picture, like a portfolio of sorts. One picture, who the item in the picture was made for, and what the item is. That way people can actually see the quality of your work, and can make for more competitive bidding.

On Nov 16, 2:21 am, Vernon Effalo <ver...@effalo.com> wrote: > hello! > > we'd like to share our l...

> criticism, and bug reports always welcome —› makerfact...@effalo.com
>
> take care,
>
> EFFALOhttp://effalo.com

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MakerBot Operators" ...

Vernon Effalo

Nov 17, 2010, 12:35:22 PM11/17/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
@richard — thanks! the idea was that constraint breeds creativity... we've gotten a few bids on the domekit connectors already and folks seem to be able to compact it into a small paragraph, but we'll see.

@ross — right on, some sort of 'maker profile' thing. shouldn't be too far off, but for now maybe you can link to an external site using the url in the profile.

take care,

EFFALO