Will shipping notices be e-mailed out for alpha kits?

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Andrew Plumb

未读,
2009年12月3日 09:16:022009/12/3
收件人 MakerBeam List
Hey Sam,

When you ship out our alpha kits, will you be automagically forwarding
any kind of tracking info our way as well?

Thanks!

Andrew.

Sam Putman

未读,
2009年12月3日 11:38:172009/12/3
收件人 MakerBeam List
> Hey Sam,When you ship out our alpha kits, will you be automagically

> forwarding any kind of tracking info our way as well?
>
> Thanks!
> Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

We'll be using USPS flat rate for all our shipping related to the Kickstarter round. This saves considerable complexity and money, which with what we've got planned for the Betas is a bit of a priority right now. Standard USPS doesn't track. I'm willing to put tracking on a few packages, yours is going to Canada for instance and I could see where you might want to watch it cross the border.

We're estimating shipping for the 16th so this should be plenty of time to get kits to everyone.  Our overseas friends will hopefully remember that Christmas extends to January 6th and that Customs can be a bit of a Grinch. :-)

Just so's everyone knows, Alphas will be getting an update kit when the Beta kits ship. That's why it's Alpha :-) We knew we could deliver a good experience by Christmas, and we're on track. We also knew that we could make things better with an extra month to work with.

We're coding up the next version of our site, which we'll be using for selling kits when we go public. Our standard shipping choices for that will be UPS ground for the lower 48 and USPS Priority everywhere else.

Looking forward to seeing the locals this Saturday, and really stoked to see what our Alphas will be doing with what they're getting. Now I'm off to see the robot. :-)

cheers,
-Sam Putman.

Andrew Plumb

未读,
2009年12月3日 11:47:232009/12/3
收件人 maker...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

Yes please! Having the extra tracking info helps at the border.

I pre-emptively rounded up my Kickstart contribution to help offset
the extra hassle. :-)

Thanks for the info!

Andrew.
--

"The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed"
-- William Gibson

回复全部
回复作者
转发