[maker-devel] Ran into unknown state (hex char: 29) at ... ../lib/Proc/Signal.pm line 177

Brett A Milash

Feb 9, 2023, 1:19:27 PM2/9/23
to maker...@yandell-lab.org

Hi Carson et al. – I’m trying to install maker 3.01.04 on Rocky Linux 8.5 at the CHPC and am running into this error:

Ran into unknown state (hex char: 29) at /uufs/chpc.utah.edu/sys/installdir/r8/maker/3.01.04/maker/bin/../lib/Proc/Signal.pm line 177.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--

Brett Milash

Center for High Performance Computing

University of Utah

Carson Holt

Feb 9, 2023, 1:26:12 PM2/9/23
to Brett A Milash, maker...@yandell-lab.org
Hi Brett,

The specific module is seeing a weird character returned form the system signals table (it happens sometimes). The user can just ignore it and restart (maker will pick back up where it left off). Or they can set '-nolock’ on the command line and it won’t even call the module. If doing the latter, make sure to only run MAKER once (can still be an MPI run with multiple CPUs and nodes), but do not start multiple independent MAKER jobs in the same directory simultaneously as file locking will be disabled.

If it’s happening on every run, I can see about editing the module (it is an external Perl module, so I would be doing a custom edit and not use the CPAN version).

Thanks,
Carson