Re: [maker-devel] maker-devel post from brian.mack@usda.gov requires approval

Carson Holt

Jun 8, 2021, 4:07:33 PM6/8/21
to brian...@usda.gov, Maker Mailing List
No requirement to train on a masked genome.  If I’m not mistaken GeneMark splits up the genome on long stretches of N, so it may make training faster, but it may also split contains on some introns.

—Carson

to approve or deny the request.

From: "Mack, Brian - ARS" <brian...@usda.gov>
Subject: genemark-es training on masked genome
Date: May 17, 2021 at 9:47:57 AM MDT

Hi,

I’m using MAKER for a fungal genome and I was wondering if it is recommended to train genemark-es on a masked genome? If so, would running just the repeat masking step with MAKER and using the masked files from the “Void” directories be appropriate (cat *output/*datastore/*/*/*/*Void*/query.masked.fasta > masked_genome.fasta) ?

Thanks,
Brian

Subject: confirm 9305bcd5964821ff5fff547bdb1b0466c9c50b58
Date: May 17, 2021 at 9:48:09 AM MDT

Mailman will discard the held message.  Do this if the message is
spam.  If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
to the list.  The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
of the body of the reply.