RSpec Experts Help Needed

hampton catlin

Nov 23, 2009, 7:04:15 AM11/23/09
to make_resourceful
So, this morning I decided to start polishing off a new release of
m_r. With me now working on Wikipedia Mobile, that's taking up a
tonnnn of time and is a huge project to manage. And, with m_r just
*working*... why spend more time on it?

I hope there are people still out there using this software. I'm proud
that after 2 years, I'm still using it and enjoying it. We're a small,
but proud people.

Small changes, tweaks, and fixes have been pushed in over the last
year since this project was 'finished' and I'd love to get a 1.0 out
the door.

However, one *little* problem... some of the specs aren't passing!

Oh noes!

I've just spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out what's going on,
but I'm giving up. I'm not an RSpec expert in the least and that's
what we need. The software *works*, however the tests do not. I
actually think the broken specs come from Rails-RSpec-Unit-Mocha
version changes, etc.

I even built a whole app using the latest rails and it works just
fine.

I'm a good maintainer (?) so, I'm going to beg for help. Is anyone an
RSpec ninja and would you like to give integration_spec and url_spec a
poke and see why they are failing. I'm sure its something that an
RSpec person would see immediately... but I'm just wasting my time at
this point.

So, who feels like donating 30 minutes to polishing up the specs so we
can proudly put out a 1.0?

-hampton.

Dwight Spencer

Nov 23, 2009, 1:06:43 PM11/23/09
to make_res...@googlegroups.com
Hey Hampton,

I'll be glad to give a look over on things as much as I can in between
my own projects. I can't make full promises though,
since I imagine you'll have a little more experience with RSpec than I,
lol. Plus, I'm on a few big projects as well.

Cheers,
D. Spencer
hDc1337.vcf

Hampton

Nov 23, 2009, 1:40:53 PM11/23/09
to make_res...@googlegroups.com
I have nearly zero experience with RSpec. I don't tend to test my projects, just my libraries. So, I'm more familiar with TestUnit, etc.

Its in github and I'd be happy for a pull request!

-hampton.