Attention, Homestar Google Group

Marci

Dec 18, 2010, 6:35:28 PM12/18/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Please watch this. I worked really hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hccuxlCLCVo

Everyone who's still able to work on/interested in the project, please
report back here. Thank you. :)
Let's do this like Brutus!

Ron Woodford

Dec 19, 2010, 1:18:13 AM12/19/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
VERY inspiring, thank you so much for sharing Marci!
--
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
~Zap Brannigan

Marci Brubaker

Dec 19, 2010, 1:23:53 AM12/19/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Hey, no problem. Thank you. The weird thing is, right after the idea to make this video popped into my head, the decemberween toon came out. I didn't really take action until today.

Anyway, how would you like to help? (Forgive me for not remembering who you are if you were already part of the project. It's been awhile.)

--
Your logic does not inhibit me!

Ron Woodford

Dec 19, 2010, 2:44:30 AM12/19/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
I was gonna do some backgrounds once the script had been completed.

Marci Brubaker

Dec 19, 2010, 7:13:01 PM12/19/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Oh, okay! That totally works. ^_^

Marci

Dec 20, 2010, 8:53:11 PM12/20/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I remember you now... Boy do I feel silly... T-T'

On Dec 18, 11:44 pm, Ron Woodford <mr.ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was gonna do some backgrounds once the script had been completed.
>
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Marci Brubaker
> <jaderoseofch...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hey, no problem. Thank you. The weird thing is, right after the idea to
> > make this video popped into my head, the decemberween toon came out. I
> > didn't really take action until today.
>
> > Anyway, how would you like to help? (Forgive me for not remembering who you
> > are if you were already part of the project. It's been awhile.)
>
> > On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Ron Woodford <mr.ana...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> VERY inspiring, thank you so much for sharing Marci!

> >> --
> >> "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a
> >> house of cards. Checkmate."
> >> ~Zap Brannigan
>
> > --
> > Your logic does not inhibit me!
>
> --
> "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house
> of cards. Checkmate."
> ~Zap Brannigan- Hide quoted text -

JKR JKR

Dec 21, 2010, 10:22:49 AM12/21/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Nice job on the video!

Unfortunately after things failed to move forward with this, I went
back to animation school and completely redid FredtheMonkey.com. Since
I'm now focused on serious animation for upcoming FtM toons, I don't
think I'll be able to offer a ton of help with this (for example, the
next FtM Cartoon is over 10 minutes long, and that's quite a bit). I
can't do a GREAT Homestar, but I can do something that would at least
function if you couldn't find a better Homestar voice actor. That
wouldn't take a lot of time, once the script is finalized, so if you
did need me for that just shoot along an email and I'd be happy to
record things quickly and send the files back. I can also do a pretty
sharp Homsar, if the crazy little fellow is in the cartoon. My box is
like a life of chocolates!

I will say this, after learning a lot more about working with teams in
animation recently, someone HAS to take charge. Whoever that is must
be the one to make the final call on things, as everyone will never
truly be in total agreement. You, as a leader, need to figure out
which battles to win vs. giving up on, so you aren't a dictator but
still keep things moving forward. Good luck with it, it's definitely a
learning experience!

Let me know (via email is best, like you sent the link to this page)
if there's anything not too time consuming that I can assist with!
-JKR

Marci Brubaker

Dec 21, 2010, 7:00:34 PM12/21/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for responding. I'm glad to hear you're still working on the Fred the Monkey website. :)
A 10 minute cartoon will definitely be a treat! Good luck, sir.

I understand that being in charge is hard work, and I promise I won't become bossy, whiny, or lazy. (I don't want to be like Prince John in that Disney Robin Hood movie.) I definitely care about this project, and want to take into consideration what everybody has to say. Although, I also understand that no one can please everyone, and I'll do my best on helping decide what stays and what goes.

We'll definitely contact you if we need your assistance with voices and possibly minor animation if you're able to.

Thank you for the piece of advice, and good luck with animation school and your website. :)
~Marci B.