If we need more voices... here's an idea

Marci

Jul 9, 2010, 9:59:26 PM7/9/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I volunteer to set up a Youtube channel for the purpose of scouting
out some good voice actors if the need arises. It could be called
"HSRFansUnite." I may not have that many Youtube videos on my personal
channel, but I'm pretty adept at making effective montages. (I mostly
just do it for school stuff, anyway.)

Maybe it would be a good way to gather support. Auditions could be in
the form of video responses, and the google group could vote and
discuss what would be the best choice. What do you guys think? Any
suggestions, guys?

Marci

Jul 9, 2010, 10:18:01 PM7/9/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Also, here's an example of what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvJtZXUZtM

I made this a couple years ago. My school was kind of desperate, and I
suggested the idea. I promised I could get the video up and running
within a day. When I needed feedback on the storyboards, that's where
my friend came in (on the phone). I stayed up all night working on
that video. I'm not trying to say I'm really great, or anything dumb
like that... I just want to prove I'm really dedicated to the project,
and sincerely want to help let the Brothers Chaps know we appreciate
them. We do owe them.
(This time around though, I'd use Homestar related pictures instead of
drawings...)

One last question: What should the first video be made in? Windows
movie maker, or One True Media?

Upyoursize

Jul 9, 2010, 11:46:55 PM7/9/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
If it was to advertise our search, I doubt it wouldn't matter much as
long as the message is relayed. We can also take this search to
Facebook.

austin priest

Jul 10, 2010, 1:46:08 AM7/10/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I like this idea. I'll go make it now. I'll call it what you called
it. HSRFansUnite

austin priest

Jul 10, 2010, 2:04:53 AM7/10/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I made it HSRFans.

Marci Brubaker

Jul 10, 2010, 12:55:07 PM7/10/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Sweetness! So, do you want to make the first video holding the auditions or  would you like me to? Because I'd be happy to. Or should it wait until the script is officially done (and it looks like it's headed that way)?
--
Your logic does not inhibit me!

austin priest

Jul 10, 2010, 4:24:41 PM7/10/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I have an idea for the auditions video. It would be theme'd "Do You
Has?" I'll make it after I finish job-searching. So that should be
tonight.

On Jul 10, 12:55 pm, Marci Brubaker <jaderoseofch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sweetness! So, do you want to make the first video holding the auditions or
> would you like me to? Because I'd be happy to. Or should it wait until the
> script is officially done (and it looks like it's headed that way)?

Marci Brubaker

Jul 10, 2010, 8:51:37 PM7/10/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Yeah! I was thinking that exact same thing! Okay, good luck with the vid!

Marci

Jul 10, 2010, 9:00:41 PM7/10/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Oh! I have an idea for the background music. It's an instrumental
version of StrongBads rock opera. I'll email it the MP3 to you. Also,
good luck job searching! ^_^

HomestarRunnerFans Unite

Jul 11, 2010, 12:45:01 AM7/11/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Thank you very much for the Rock Opera, I think it worked well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJJoFN0nrg

It's still really bad though, I was wrestling with windows movie maker
for like, 2 hours.

austin priest

Jul 11, 2010, 12:58:30 AM7/11/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Also, this is the email I used for the Youtube group....

On Jul 11, 12:45 am, HomestarRunnerFans Unite <hsrfansun...@gmail.com>

Marci Brubaker

Jul 11, 2010, 1:43:50 AM7/11/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
That was cool! "FOR BENNDETTO!!!" I laughed so hard at that part. I'm happy about how the music worked out with the speech (which was also nice).  Nice work, dude!

austin priest

Jul 11, 2010, 1:48:15 AM7/11/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Thanks!!! That was about the sixth take I took, cause I would always
mess up a line or something. And whenever I tried to put it through
windows movie maker there would be no sound. So I had to come up with
a long way around that problem.

So, how should we distribute it?

On Jul 11, 1:43 am, Marci Brubaker <jaderoseofch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That was cool! "FOR BENNDETTO!!!" I laughed so hard at that part. I'm happy
> about how the music worked out with the speech (which was also nice).  Nice
> work, dude!
>
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 9:45 PM, HomestarRunnerFans Unite <

Marci Brubaker

Jul 11, 2010, 1:56:47 AM7/11/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
I think we should post a link on forums (burning horizon, the wiki one, etc.), mention it on Youtube comments... that kind of stuff. Even facebook would work. We could also forward the link people, and tell them to forward it... (I'm crappy with facebook, so someone else can handle that one...). Any coverage anywhere helps. BTW in the discription for the first vid, I think it should mention that JKR works on Fred the Monkey (at least, I think he does). We should also mention who we need voices for at this point. (That could be an entirely separate video in itself...).

Also, would it be cool if I could get the password for the channel? I'm not saying I want to totally take over everything, but I think I could make the main page look quite stylish. And maybe help make some vids if necessary. =)

flicky1991

Jul 11, 2010, 9:44:58 AM7/11/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
It looks like you forgot to mention the King of Town as a character.
Also, do we have to make a video reply, or can we just upload audio
auditions to this group? It would be a lot easier for me to do it that
way.

On Jul 11, 5:45 am, HomestarRunnerFans Unite <hsrfansun...@gmail.com>

Upyoursize

Jul 11, 2010, 5:38:35 PM7/11/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I'm gonna get in contact with Brentalfloss of Youtube. If anyone knows
or doesn't know him, he does a good Homestar and SB impression. I'll
see if he's interested.

Marci Cameron

Jul 11, 2010, 7:19:38 PM7/11/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Ooh, yes! Do it! I thought Brentalfloss did a great Homestar in this
video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WM12FO3I2Q
It would be so awesome to hear him in this fan flash!

Marci Brubaker

Jul 11, 2010, 9:21:12 PM7/11/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Brentalfloss is a great voice actor for Homestar! I was going to mention him yesterday, but I forgot!

Upyoursize

Jul 11, 2010, 9:23:54 PM7/11/10

On Jul 11, 9:21 pm, Marci Brubaker <jaderoseofch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Marci Cameron <acmean...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  On Jul 11, 2:38 pm, Upyoursize <upyours...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm gonna get in contact with Brentalfloss of Youtube. If anyone knows
> > > or doesn't know him, he does a good Homestar and SB impression. I'll
> > > see if he's interested.
>
> > Ooh, yes! Do it! I thought Brentalfloss did a great Homestar in this
> > video:
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WM12FO3I2Q
> > It would be so awesome to hear him in this fan flash!
>
> Brentalfloss is a great voice actor for Homestar! I was going to mention him
> yesterday, but I forgot!

Contacted him via youtube about 2 hours ago, no reply yet. Hopefully
he checks his mail, I put "*IMPORTANT*--Homestar" as the subject.
That'll catch his eye. If we don't get a reply in a couple of days, we
can all message him, or find an alternate type of contact.

Marci Brubaker

Jul 11, 2010, 9:24:54 PM7/11/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, I don't really know which would be best... I think that you should do whatever works best for you.  People can upload video replies to Youtube if you want, but I think you should do whatever's easier. It's all the same anyway.

What do you think Mr. Priest?
On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 6:44 AM, flicky1991 <gbb...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>It looks like you forgot to mention the King of Town as a character.
>Also, do we have to make a video reply, or can we just upload audio
>auditions to this group? It would be a lot easier for me to do it that
>way.

Marci Brubaker

Jul 11, 2010, 9:25:58 PM7/11/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Cool, that might get his attention. =)

Marci

Jul 11, 2010, 9:30:23 PM7/11/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Also, the Youtube page is still being updated. I'm just adding a few
things here and there. I was just too tired to do it all last night.
In the meantime, everyone should forward austin's video, or post links
to the google group everywhere they can... and audition, of course. =)

Upyoursize

Jul 11, 2010, 11:45:16 PM7/11/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I'm following him on Twitter. He probably checks that more than his
youtube mail. I'll keep you guys updated if he says anything.

Upyoursize

Jul 11, 2010, 11:53:48 PM7/11/10

On Jul 11, 11:45 pm, Upyoursize <upyours...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm following him on Twitter. He probably checks that more than his
> youtube mail. I'll keep you guys updated if he says anything.

Disregard this message, as he's obviously read my message, and posted
on our video. I think the script has some good TBC charm. I think we
should convert it to a Word document or something now, so we can
eventually send it around to the actors.

HomestarRunnerFans Unite

Jul 12, 2010, 12:37:12 AM7/12/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Thank you. I've uploaded a Word Doc. of the current script. I think he
does a really great HS voice

HomestarRunnerFans Unite

Jul 12, 2010, 1:10:42 AM7/12/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
You can upload an audio audition onto the page if you want. Anything
that's easiest.

JKR JKR

Jul 12, 2010, 9:59:52 AM7/12/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
You need to upload a not-docx file. Some (a lot) of people don't have
the latest MSWord, so save it as an older version, or better still a
TXT file or something.

Thanks.

On Jul 12, 12:37 am, HomestarRunnerFans Unite <hsrfansun...@gmail.com>

austin priest

Jul 12, 2010, 11:01:34 AM7/12/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Ok, I uploaded a .txt file of it. And from the script page, I didn't
include any of those weird endings in this version of the script. I
only ended it with SB doing the mumbling and walking away. Which I
think may be good enough for an ending.
Message has been deleted

Susan

Jul 12, 2010, 5:17:38 PM7/12/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
"I think he does a really great HS voice."

There goes half my job. :P

Upyoursize

Jul 12, 2010, 9:16:34 PM7/12/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
So, if you've seen the 2 auditions we have so far, I think we've got
Homestar, KoT, and The Cheat down if brentalfloss and fightingleaf
will go through with it. To secure the deal, I suggest we send the
scripts to our two actors so far, and see if they like the project. I
would like to get brental involved with the animation project as well,
because you can see in his fan videos, they look pretty close to TBC
material. Whoever contacts brental, mention the animation.

Marci

Jul 13, 2010, 7:52:10 PM7/13/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Hey guys, check out futurityverb's audition really quick. He may have
some potential. His Strongbad voice is okay. It just needs a little
less throat, if you know what I mean. He has the grunty charm down,
though. Please check out his video response and give your critiques.
Thank you.

Susan

Jul 16, 2010, 11:36:29 PM7/16/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
fightingleaf did a good Strong Sad and King Of Town impression.

Marci Brubaker

Jul 17, 2010, 10:06:28 PM7/17/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, he did, didn't he? ^_^ Mr. Upyoursize already told him he could be the KOT I think...

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Susan <gup...@gmail.com> wrote:
fightingleaf did a good Strong Sad and King Of Town impression.

Upyoursize

Jul 17, 2010, 10:43:56 PM7/17/10
On Jul 17, 10:06 pm, Marci Brubaker <jaderoseofch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, he did, didn't he? ^_^ Mr. Upyoursize already told him he could be the
> KOT I think...

I said I think we found us a KoT, though that can be misleading. Btw,
I messaged brent with a link to the script.

Upyoursize

Jul 18, 2010, 6:10:05 PM7/18/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon

> I said I think we found us a KoT, though that can be misleading. Btw,
> I messaged brent with a link to the script.

Brent's in! Though, he'd like to make some changes to make it more
Chaps style.

austin priest

Jul 18, 2010, 8:19:37 PM7/18/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
That's fair enough. Just tell us what he wants or have him come over
here so he can tell us "in person". I'd love to have his input on this
thang.

Upyoursize

Jul 18, 2010, 8:43:57 PM7/18/10
On Jul 18, 8:19 pm, austin priest <austipri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's fair enough. Just tell us what he wants or have him come over
> here so he can tell us "in person". I'd love to have his input on this
> thang.

That's what I told him.
Message has been deleted

Marci

Jul 20, 2010, 1:42:07 AM7/20/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Hey, what do you think of this guy's Strongbad impression?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-g5dL2-E_A

Also, glad Brent's in =)

austin priest

Jul 20, 2010, 3:08:30 AM7/20/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I had seen him before. The SB isn't bad, but it does need some work.
Should we send him an invite to the auditions?

On Jul 20, 1:42 am, Marci <jaderoseofch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, what do you think of this guy's Strongbad impression?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-g5dL2-E_A

Upyoursize

Jul 20, 2010, 8:10:16 AM7/20/10
On Jul 20, 3:08 am, austin priest <austipri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had seen him before. The SB isn't bad, but it does need some work.
> Should we send him an invite to the auditions?

Strong Bad is a hard character to voice, so if we don't tell him to
come on board, let's at least ask if he's interested.

Marci Cameron

Jul 20, 2010, 9:44:28 AM7/20/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Yes! I had heard ConVito's fandub of "Dangeresque 1: Dangeresque Too?"
He does an excellent Strong Bad and his Strong Sad's not too shabby
either. As for Brentalfloss's request of making changes to the script,
pieces of my draft over in that other post are still up for
consideration. I can't post my draft since I haven't formatted it
into .txt yet, but you're more than welcome to add whatever parts of
my draft to the script you feel like.

Marci Brubaker

Jul 20, 2010, 11:36:55 AM7/20/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
I don't see why not. I think he should give it a go. Is it okay if I go ahead and message him?

austin priest

Jul 20, 2010, 12:47:48 PM7/20/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Go ahead

On Jul 20, 11:36 am, Marci Brubaker <jaderoseofch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see why not. I think he should give it a go. Is it okay if I go
> ahead and message him?

Marci Brubaker

Jul 20, 2010, 10:04:46 PM7/20/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Alright. Just did.

Upyoursize

Jul 21, 2010, 6:57:18 PM7/21/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I has news! Brent says if JKR isn't back before we get everything
ready, Brent can talk to the animator that did his fan toon.

austin priest

Jul 25, 2010, 5:18:15 PM7/25/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Also guys, I think we found our strong bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l0u1HIl864

I didn't see this until now because he couldn't get it as an actual
video response. so yeah, look at it, I think he may be our strong bad.

Marci Cameron

Jul 26, 2010, 12:16:13 AM7/26/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Awesome! He does a great Strong Bad! And his Bubs and Strong Sad
aren't too bad either. Anyway, I just posted a recent draft of my
version of the script in this group. It's on one of the posts on this
group (titled, obviously, "The script") since I can't upload a file on
here, not being a member of this (Google) group. Give it a look.

Marci

Aug 6, 2010, 4:16:11 AM8/6/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Haldo peoples! I posted an audition myself, since I got my new
microphone and replacement speakers. The most fun part to do was the
end XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-ytRYcDa0

Um... enjoy! ^_^

Upyoursize

Aug 6, 2010, 11:09:01 AM8/6/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Tis good!

Marci Brubaker

Aug 6, 2010, 9:50:01 PM8/6/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Oh thanks! ^_^
Message has been deleted

Marci Cameron

Aug 6, 2010, 10:49:19 AM8/6/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Ooh, nice Marzipan voice. Just updated my script to bring back her
only line. Wrong topic to ask this (since I started that thread), but
I wonder if you could sing a special song for the upcoming 5th
anniversary of the Cool Tapes. If not, it's cool.

Marci Brubaker

Aug 10, 2010, 6:14:05 PM8/10/10
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
Um, I guess I could try to sing a song... I'll find an instrumental version or something, and then just sing over it. Let's continue this little off topic thingie at your other thread, okay? ^_^