Job List: What Everyone is Signing Up For

JKR JKR

Jul 7, 2010, 12:09:21 PM7/7/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
We need to get some positions officially filled, start having some
deadlines, and get things in order so we can actually accomplish this.
Organization is key. So is sticking around and not quitting! If you
sign up, don't quit on us! You made an oath to see this through.

Post here what you would like to do, and we'll go from there. We will
need people to make the symbols of characters (probably taken from
shots of existing Homestar cartoons) and objects, as well as draw
backgrounds. We need people to do the voices. We also need someone to
put it all together in Flash at the end and produce it, which below I
volunteer for.

I, JKR, would be willing to put everything together and animate the
cartoon in the style of Homestarrunner. I have 6 years experience
since starting FredtheMonkey.com after being directly inspired by the
Chapman Brothers, so I feel I can accomplish this well. If people
would like me to also direct (aka keep things moving and organized) I
would be willing.

The real key here is to keep things simpler for now. If it goes
smoothly, we can always make more, but if we bite off too much it will
be an impossible task and fall apart. Trust me, I've been through this
many, MANY times.

So what say ye?

Duth Olec

Jul 7, 2010, 2:00:10 PM7/7/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Sure. I can do some scripting, though I've never really written an
exact script with multiple people (but I have bounced ideas with
people a lot). I could probably do a Senor Cardgage or Homsar voice.
I've never actually tested my Homsar voice but I'm probably mumbly
enough to do Cardgage! ;o
That's provided they actually appear, of course. Homsar should
probably appear, though.

Stiny

Jul 7, 2010, 4:10:17 PM7/7/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I could do coach z if he's gonna be in there. I could maybe write a
little. But no flash. DEFINETLY no flash.

flicky1991

Jul 7, 2010, 5:17:33 PM7/7/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Just trying them out, I guess my closest character voice is the Cheat.
XD
Since I'm English, the easiest voice for me to do is the Announcer if
you need him. Or Fightgar.

austin priest

Jul 7, 2010, 5:32:53 PM7/7/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I can't do any flash or voices well sadly. I'd be happy to co-direct
with you though. I'll also work on script and trying to get more
people into this group. I do need to remind everyone here that this
will be a time commitment, especially for JKR, so thank you very...
very much.

Susan

Jul 7, 2010, 7:18:10 PM7/7/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I could do voices of Homestar and/or Marzipan. I can do others, but
judging by our rough draft, no-one else I can voice will be in it.

flicky1991

Jul 8, 2010, 6:49:02 AM7/8/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Ooh, just noticed the King of Town is in it! If no-one else wants to
voice him, I'll do it!

JKR JKR

Jul 8, 2010, 8:48:33 AM7/8/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Well I appreciate the volunteers for some of the obscure characters
(Cardgage, etc), but I don't know they'll be in this first attempt we
do. Perhaps a later one if this goes smoothly? It would be great if
you're still available for that should we do another one.

We absolutely need Homestar himself (obviously) so if anyone else
besides Susan wants to try a few Homestar lines, the best thing to do
would be to record a few and post them so everyone could hear how it
goes.

At this point we'll also need Strongbad, Bubs, and Marzipan for sure.
So if Susan does Homestar and Marzipan, we'll need the other two and
whomever else ends up in the final script. Hopefully that will be
determined within the week so things keep rolling.

Also we REALLY need someone to do assets. This can be done two ways:
-Screen captures from the cartoons and then taken into Flash to become
vectors.
-Redrawn in vector format for Flash.

If someone doesn't have Flash, they can still do this super-important
job! You can download a free 30-day trial and that will work. Thanks!
Let's keep on postin'.

Duth Olec

Jul 8, 2010, 10:52:48 PM7/8/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I can do Strong Bad IMITATING Homestar!

...I don't know what that says exactly about my ability to voice
Homestar, but I know I can't voice Strong Bad. I can try seeing if I
can do Homestar later.

Upyoursize

Jul 8, 2010, 10:57:20 PM7/8/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
If you want, I can co-write. Writing has always been a passion of
mine. Whether it's writing the basic script, or adding jokes into a
pre-existing one, I can do it.

Mr. Analog

Jul 9, 2010, 12:48:34 AM7/9/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I can do backgrounds / props.

They will be rasterized PSD objects.

Cheers,
Mr. A

Marci

Jul 9, 2010, 12:54:13 AM7/9/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I can do a pretty decent Strong Sad voice. I just need to borrow my
friend's microphone. I'll also try and help with the script. I'll just
try to suggest some visual and sound effects, seeing as how the rough
draft is already coming along pretty nicely! (Great job so far,
everyone!)

I might also be able help with sound effects if needed...

And... um... moral support!

Sorry if I come off as too eager, I'm just really happy about this
project.

Duth Olec

Jul 9, 2010, 11:00:10 PM7/9/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Yeah, although the script seems to be comeing along quite well as it
is.

Upyoursize

Jul 10, 2010, 10:02:36 AM7/10/10

On Jul 9, 11:00 pm, Duth Olec <topmonhi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yeah, although the script seems to be comeing along quite well as it
> is.
Well, I can do whatever then. :P

MouseNBrowse

Jul 10, 2010, 1:51:32 PM7/10/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I can't make the commitment to join, but I do have a suggestion:

This page is pretty confusing. I propose a collaborative (google
docs) spreadsheet to keep track of positions.

Good Luck!
MouseNBrowse

Susan

Jul 20, 2010, 9:03:21 AM7/20/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I, uh, justfoundoutIcan'tdoagoodhomestarvoice.

Not very good at Marzipan, either.

maestroskillz

Jul 25, 2010, 8:13:26 PM7/25/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I'm pretty good at Flash, and if any music is needed, well, I can
help. :)