Need some help?

anonymous composer

Jul 26, 2010, 6:28:25 PM7/26/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I loved the idea once I read it on the forum and I would be delighted
to help. As my username hints I am a composer but I also can use flash
for cartooning. I'm not the best but I think I can do justice to the
homestarrunner legacy. I don't think you'll want my music unless it's
something more cooler and epic. I could help recreate all the
enviorments and props in flash and if you want my help for animating
you'll need to show me how you want it organized. Thanks.

JKR JKR

Jul 26, 2010, 11:17:40 PM7/26/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Recreating environments, props, and characters is going to be a hugely
important job, so if you're up for it that would be great! Go check
out the script and then probably post what you'll work on so others
don't take on the same symbols. Also probably stick with Graphic
Symbols so we can get this all put together.

On Jul 26, 6:28 pm, anonymous composer

maestroskillz

Jul 27, 2010, 12:23:18 PM7/27/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Hi there! I can also help out with Flash... character animation,
backgrounds, whatever. Let me know if I can help! :)

Marci Cameron

Jul 27, 2010, 2:07:21 PM7/27/10

<anonymouscomposer.dun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I loved the idea once I read it on the forum and I would be delighted
> > to help. As my username hints I am a composer but I also can use flash
> > for cartooning. I'm not the best but I think I can do justice to the
> > homestarrunner legacy. I don't think you'll want my music unless it's
> > something more cooler and epic. I could help recreate all the
> > enviorments and props in flash and if you want my help for animating
> > you'll need to show me how you want it organized. Thanks.

We sure could use all the help we can get with the animation. I'm not
an animator myself, flash or otherwise, but I would rest easy knowing
the props and backgrounds are done nicely. And well drawn characters
make the story flow much easier. I hope you guys are up to the task.

maestroskillz

Jul 27, 2010, 2:34:35 PM7/27/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
We'll do this like Brutus! I can do characters and maybe some basic
storyboarding.

anonymous composer

Jul 27, 2010, 6:52:20 PM7/27/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
So how's that gonna work? I'm ready to recreating stuff but I'll need
to know the format. I'm not to sure how to export proper symbols.
Another thing to consider is the flash version. If all else fails we
can just export vector images.

maestroskillz

Jul 27, 2010, 8:39:46 PM7/27/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
I successfully decompiled some SWFs of H*R cartoons, and so far I have
Homestar, Bubs and Strong Bad in a common library in Flash. (See the
file I recently uploaded) I'm running Flash CS4. If you or anyone
needs files for the characters, just let me know and I'll try to
upload them.

On Jul 27, 6:52 pm, anonymous composer

Marci Cameron

Jul 27, 2010, 11:55:38 PM7/27/10
On Jul 27, 5:39 pm, maestroskillz <theviolinis...@aim.com> wrote:
> I successfully decompiled some SWFs of H*R cartoons, and so far I have
> Homestar, Bubs and Strong Bad in a common library in Flash. (See the
> file I recently uploaded) I'm running Flash CS4. If you or anyone
> needs files for the characters, just let me know and I'll try to
> upload them.

Love the pic you posted. To quote the Teen Girl Squad, it looks "so
good!" Can't wait to see it in motion. ...or ani-motion, as the case
may be.

anonymous composer

Jul 28, 2010, 6:16:19 PM7/28/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Yeah I found out how to do the same. Hopefully when the storyboards
are made we can upload the needed content.

maestroskillz

Jul 28, 2010, 6:41:51 PM7/28/10
to Operation "make a HomestarRunner Cartoon
Right. Also, all animation should be on hold until our wonderful voice-
actors record all their lines and get them up here. Has anyone been
drafting storyboards yet?

On Jul 28, 6:16 pm, anonymous composer

Emanuel Tejeiro

Nov 10, 2013, 4:31:38 PM11/10/13
to make-a-homesta...@googlegroups.com
Well let's see here, how old is this post.. three years, yeah sounds about right. unfortunately this sad tune has been going on for much longer, hasn't it. I take side with the user who suggested actual new material. As you can see at this point the chaps have moved on with their lives, along with many of the original character cast.

Let's break this down.

1. homestar runner never existed to begin with. He was a character fabricated by Strong Bad and The Cheat.

Take a guess which other characters were also fictitious.

Emanuel Tejeiro
Harmless Junk Inc.
owner, ceo

ex- original creator of homestarrunner.com