RE: A bit of news

Makar Mail

Mar 20, 2009, 6:43:08 AM3/20/09
to Makar Mail

Sorry, folks, we’ve been awfully quiet for a while.  All is well in Makar-land, we just haven’t been doing much in the way of readings recently.

We thought you’d like to know that a poem from Rowena’s new pamphlet Comin Oot in the Wash is going to feature on Robbie Shepherd’s The Reel Blend on BBC Radio Scotland this Sunday.  The programme runs from 13:05 until 15:00 but the poetry is usually in the second hour (often around 2.30 or thereabouts).  If you don’t manage to hear it at the time, it’s usually available via the listen again feature.  We’ll give you the exact reference for that afterwards, along with a note of the time that it was broadcast.  Robbie always makes a good job reading out our poems, particularly when they are in Scots as this one is.  He’s chosen one called ‘Great Granny’ as he thought it would be very appropriate for Mother’s Day.  Hope you enjoy it.

Best Wishes,

Michael, Rowena and Sheila

www.makarpress.co.uk