RE: Sheila's Armistice Event

1 view

Makar Mail

Nov 7, 2008, 6:29:20 AM11/7/08
to Makar Mail

Hi folks, we thought you might like to know that Sheila is reading in Aberdeen next week in a special Armistice event.

It takes place at The Gordon Highlanders Museum (St Luke’s, Viewfield Road, Aberdeen AB15 7XH) on Tuesday 11th November, 2008.

The event, with a programme devised by Gerard Rochford. will feature music, poetry, and readings of soldiers’ letters from the museum archive.

The poets are Sheena Blackhall, Sheila Templeton, Douglas Kynoch and Morag Skene and music will be with Bill Blackhall (piper) and John Wilson (bugler).

Please note that this is a free event and open to all. Please contact mus...@gordonhighlanders.com  or 01224 311200 to reserve a seat.

Do feel free to pass on the information to anyone you know of in the Aberdeen area.

You might also be interested to hear that Piper George Findlater VC  of the Gordon Highlanders was a relation of Sheila’s.

Best Wishes,

Michael, Rowena and Sheila

www.makarpress.co.uk

Makar Mail

Nov 7, 2008, 6:32:07 AM11/7/08
to Makar Mail

Sorry, folks, I have no idea why the formatting on that last email went so strange.  Just in case you weren’t able to read it properly, here it is again.  I hope it works this time!

Best Wishes,

Rowena

www.makarpress.co.uk