Fw: Re: [Makar Press] Re: Forthcoming events

1 view

SHEILA TEMPLETON

Nov 21, 2009, 6:19:26 AM11/21/09
to makar...@googlegroups.com

--- On Sat, 21/11/09, SHEILA TEMPLETON <sheilat...@btinternet.com> wrote:

From: SHEILA TEMPLETON <sheilat...@btinternet.com>
Subject: Fw: Re: [Makar Press] Re: Forthcoming events
To: makar...@googlegroups.com
Cc: makar-pr...@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, 21 November, 2009, 11:17

--- On Sat, 21/11/09, SHEILA TEMPLETON <sheilat...@btinternet.com> wrote:

From: SHEILA TEMPLETON <sheilat...@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Makar Press] Re: Forthcoming events
To: makar-pr...@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, 21 November, 2009, 11:13

Hi folks

We've been a little quiet of late...but for good reason...as some of you already know!

Our joyful news is that Rowena and Mark had a baby daughter on 10th Nov. All doing well!

And a different kind of poetry...

On Thurs 26th Nov at 8pm for any of you able to get to Ayr....a new venue for such events...the Libertine...[used to be the Burns Tavern]  7 River St Ayr...evening of poetry...quoting from the flyer...the stars are Rab Wilson, Sheila Templeton and Andy Fleming...compere Robin Cairns....   Robin is excellent at creating a really good atmosphere, so it should be a really good night. Join us if you can!

Also this Monday 23rd Nov...the Herald's Poem of the Day is Sheila's poem Northsick.

And finally...Sheila and Michael both have poems in Bards in the Bog...the recent anthology published by Shetland Library service of the poems displayed in Shetland's public toilets this year! Yes...all chosen poems were framed and put up on toilet walls to a totally captive audience! The anthology proceeds are going to a world wide charity which provides toilets in 3rd World countries.

We have no Makar readings planned for the rest of 2009...but we'll be in touch again with future events in 2010.

All the best from

Rowena  Michael and Sheila

www.makarpress.co.uk