RE: Invitation to a Poetry Picnic (12pm - 2pm, Sunday 29th May)

Rowena Love

May 15, 2011, 4:16:01 AM5/15/11
to Makar Mail
Hi folks, for those of you who don't already have plans for Sunday 29thMay, you may like to know that the Makars have organised their usual Poetry Picnic at Culzean as part of the Burns an' a' that! Festival.  This year the line-up includes Alison Craig and Catherine Czerkawska as well as Sheila and Rowena (sadly Michael isn't able to join us that day, but we hope to organise something else soon so that you can get to hear him too!). Sheila has a new collection out, so you'll get to hear all about that (and hear from it too!)

The reading takes place between 12pm and 2pm in the beautiful surroundings of the Walled Garden, Culzean Country Park, so why not bring along something to sit on and something tasty to munch on and keep us company.

There is always a wet weather alternative, although we've rarely had to use it.

The event is free, although normal NTS entry fees apply to the property itself.

Hope to see some of you there.

--
Best wishes,

Rowena, Sheila and Michael