Re: Sheila on form

Makar Mail

Jun 11, 2008, 4:32:38 PM6/11/08
to Makar Mail

Hi folks, we thought you’d like to know that Sheila is having a good week.  Today she had a poem in the Herald.  http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/poetryblog/index.var.0.0.0.php is the link to Lesley Duncan’s poetry blog for those of you who don’t manage to get a hold of the paper itself.

Tomorrow sees the launch of an anthology in which she has two poems: Cleave, published by Two Ravens Press.  It has already been getting good reviews as you’ll see from the attached cutting from the Sunday Herald.  One of Sheila’s poems even gets a mention in it.  The launch is taking place at Borders, Glasgow, tomorrow evening (Thursday 12th June).  Originally it was scheduled for 6.30 pm but it appears that Borders have been saying it’s at 7 pm.  You’re all very welcome to attend.

What will Sheila do to make it a hat-trick? Watch this space! <vbg>

Also, in case you’re wondering, we’ve got a few more events in the pipeline. Once they’ve been confirmed we’ll let you know the details.

Best Wishes,

Rowena, Sheila and Michael

www.makarpress.co.uk

Cleave reviews Herald 31 May.pdf