Re: Forthcoming events

Makar Mail

May 15, 2009, 3:32:56 AM5/15/09
to Makar Mail

Hi folks, just a wee reminder of what we have coming up shortly.

First of all we have our annual Poetry Picnic at Culzean on Sunday 24th May from 12 pm – 2 pm.  As ever, it’s part of the Burns an’ a’ that! Festival.  The event will take place in the lovely surroundings of the Walled Garden.  There will be a wet weather alternative, should it be required (although we’ve usually been pretty lucky with the weather for our picnic).  It’s a free event, although National Trust for Scotland entry fees do apply for entry to the property itself.   It’s always a fun gig so do please join us.

The following week we’ll be up in the Aberdeen area taking part in another festival – Wordfringe this time.  They have billed our event as Fresh Ayr and it takes place on Thursday 28th May at Books and Beans in Aberdeen’s Belmont Street.  Again, it’s free and there will also be a short Open Mic session if others wish to read.

Sheila is going up early as she has an event at the Gordon Highlander Museum the previous evening (Wednesday 27th).  You’ll find it in Viewfield Road in Aberdeen.  The event is entitled  'Not Drowning But Waving'.  Sheila is reading poems along with six other poets and musicians on a theme loosely linked to Homecoming. It looks like a lovely programme... and the venue is great.

We’ll be back at Culzean on the 14th June as participants in the ‘Celebrate Ayrshire’ arts festival.  As well as having a stand throughout the day with our books and cards etc. on sale, we’ll be doing a reading in the afternoon (exact timings still to be confirmed but we’ll let you know).

We hope to see you soon – and don’t forget to pass on the details to any of your friends you think might be interested.

Best Wishes,

Michael, Rowena and Sheila

www.makarpress.co.uk