Too many significant results

Lahat A

Feb 16, 2022, 10:28:10 AM2/16/22
to majiq_voila

Hi,
My tabulated results show about 8400 genes/events. However 8000 of them have p values bellow 0.05 (I averaged “probability_changing”). Having so many results makes it impossible to do further analysis such as reactome enrichment, and it seems suspicious to me to have so many splicing events.

Could it be that I am doing something wrong? is there a better way of filtering them?

Paul Jewell

Feb 16, 2022, 11:13:54 AM2/16/22
to majiq_voila
Hello,

Can you clarify the run arguments? Are you using the .tsv file output by "majiq psi/deltapsi/het" or the one from "voila tsv" ? The latter option provides a large number of comprehensive filtering options to reduce the output size. Check "voila tsv --help" to see them all. For example, you may use the switch "--changing-pvalue-threshold" to set a higher threshold for those rows.

Joseph Aicher

Feb 16, 2022, 11:32:14 AM2/16/22
to Paul Jewell, majiq_voila
probability_changing implies that you are using majiq deltapsi. These are not p-values, but rather posterior probabilities. That most events/junctions have low probability of changing (abs(dpsi) > threshold) would suggest few significant results, not too many.

Best,
Joseph

Lahat A

Feb 16, 2022, 12:16:39 PM2/16/22
to majiq_voila
I am using the tsv that comes out of delta psi. I will check the
output of "voila tsv" next. thanks.