effect of --changing-between-group-dpsi value in voila tsv

Welmoed van Zuiden

Apr 7, 2024, 10:40:03 AMApr 7
to Biociphers
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the --changing-between-group-dpsi parameter of the voila tsv module. It is explained as a maximum deltaPSI value; however, in the results, this value does not seem to affect the probability_changing value. Events with a deltaPSI value higher than this maximum are still considered significant. Could you explain what this parameter does? And why the default is relatively low? Is anything that changes more than 20% not trustworthy?

Thanks in advance!
Welmoed

San Jewell

Apr 15, 2024, 4:53:33 PMApr 15
to Biociphers
Hi Welmoed,

To me this looks like a typo in the help text. The switch is looking for changing junctions which are _above_ the specified value of dpsi. The help text will be changed using the wording "minimum" instead of "maximum" shortly.

Thank you for pointing this out, and please let me know if anything still doesn't make sense with this intention in mind.

-San