LSV found in voila tsv but not in voila view

Harvey Che

Feb 15, 2021, 7:07:59 PM2/15/21
to majiq_voila
Hello,
Thank you for creating this wonderful software for splicing analysis.

I have one question that troubles me for a while.

For most of the analysis, I got different number of significant changing LSVs in voila tsv and in voila view.
In one experiment voila tsv, I am using default ---threshold 0.2 --probability-threshold 0.95 --non-changing-threshold 0.05.  I have got 673 LSVs.

When I use voila with the default threshold ( abs(E(dPSI)) threshold = 0.2, Confidence Threshold 0.95), I only goty 550 LSVs.

I have looked at the 123 missing LSV, in fact all of them have abs(mean_dpsi_per_lsv_junion) > 0.2, probability_change > 0.95, probability_non_changing < 0.05. Somehow they are not being shown in voila view default view on browser. I can make them appear if I reduce the threshold to 0.1 or confidence internal to 0.9 (instead of 0.95).

The same apply to many different samples I processed. Voila VIEW always got different number of LSV than the TSV under the same threshold.

Why is this the case? Am I missing anything here?

Thank you
Harvey

Elsa Claude

Feb 25, 2021, 8:36:40 AM2/25/21
to majiq_voila
Hi,
I have the same issue here. I'd also like to know the reason of such a difference.

Thanks,

Elsa

Paul Jewell

Feb 25, 2021, 12:27:34 PM2/25/21
to majiq_voila
Hi All,

I will try to reproduce this issue in order to determine if I may produce a workaround or update on the next version. It would be helpful if either of you could provide a data subset that demonstrates the error for a couple of LSVs.

Thank you,
-Paul

Elsa Claude

Mar 9, 2021, 6:19:54 AM3/9/21
to majiq_voila
What subset files do you need ?
Bam files ? or output files such as splicegraph and *.deltapsi.tsv ?

Cheers,
Elsa

Paul Jewell

Mar 15, 2021, 7:17:11 PM3/15/21
to majiq_voila
Hi Else,

splicegraph and deltapsi.voila files would be sufficient.

Thanks,
-Paul