segmentation fault when running majiq build

Hasna Khan

Oct 28, 2021, 5:21:24 PM10/28/21
to majiq_voila
Hi all,

I'm attempting to run majiq build on a WSL Ubuntu system. I mounted the windows filesystem and created a python virtual environment as explained. When I try to run the build command, I get a segmentation fault error as soon as majiq begins reading the first .bam file. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Best,
Hasna

Paul Jewell

Nov 1, 2021, 10:43:17 AM11/1/21
to majiq_voila
Hello, I've not attempted to build using this mechanism so I can't verify that doing so is supported.

Which version of HTSlib did you install?

Can you list the commands that you used for the installation along with their output?

Thanks.

Astrid D

Nov 26, 2021, 3:16:39 PM11/26/21
to majiq_voila
Hi All,

I have the same issue when using HTSlib 1.11

Best,
Astrid

Hasna Khan

Nov 30, 2021, 4:13:48 PM11/30/21
to majiq_voila
Hi Astrid,

I think for me the problem was arising because I generated my .bam files using a pseudoalignment algorithm (Kallisto). When I generated the .bam files using HISAT2 instead, the issue resolved itself.

Hope that helps,
Hasna