Issue with installing Voila only on Windows 64-bit

Sadaf Amin

Mar 12, 2024, 8:35:16 PMMar 12
to Biociphers
Hi, I have trouble with the Voila only installation using the code mentioned:

 $ python3 -m venv env
$ source env/bin/activate
$ pip install git+https://bitbucket.org/biociphers/majiq_academic.git#subdirectory=voila

When I run it on command prompt, I get the following error:

  ERROR: Error [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified while executing command git version
ERROR: Cannot find command 'git' - do you have 'git' installed and in your PATH?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue.

Thanks,
Sadaf

San Jewell

Mar 25, 2024, 1:12:40 PMMar 25
to Biociphers
Hi Sadaf,

As the error indicates, it looks like you probably don't have git installed or on your PATH

You will need git for windows to clone from the repository either manually or with pip (https://git-scm.com/download/win)

Have you installed it yet?

Thanks,
-San