Trouble installing MAJIQ on Mac

Emma Nguyen

Jan 29, 2024, 2:43:51 PMJan 29
to Biociphers
Hello,

I've been trying to install MAJIQ locally on my MacBook and I keep running into this error:

Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 2.32.28 PM.png

I checked that I installed the correct python version and all the dependents. I also followed this forum to address the problem with OSX clang compiler.
Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 2.41.36 PM.png

I'm not sure what to do next. If anyone know what the issue is that would be highly appreciated!

Emma

San Jewell

Jan 30, 2024, 9:49:09 AMJan 30
to Biociphers
Hi Emma,

The solution of using the `which gcc` and `which g++` would only work if these compilers were indeed installed properly. Can you check the output of running:

$ which gcc
$ which g++

In the terminal manually, and make sure you get a path in return? If it is blank or not found, something likely went wrong installing gcc.

Thanks,
-San

Theo Kirkland

Feb 7, 2024, 1:56:52 PMFeb 7
to Biociphers
I have the same problem installing on a mac.  I tried which gcc and which g++ and got file paths returned.  What should I do now?
Thanks

San Jewell

Feb 7, 2024, 3:17:10 PMFeb 7
to Biociphers
Hi Theo, based on your other post I'm guessing this is not an issue with the clang compiler but rather the M1 chip, which is still an issue I'm investigating.
-San

Theo Kirkland

Feb 14, 2024, 3:07:18 PMFeb 14
to Biociphers

I have tried to download and install MAJIQ on a Linux system using Parallels.  Unfortunately I still have the error "not making h5py wheel". However,  h5py is installed.  Please help.  Theo

San Jewell

Feb 16, 2024, 1:17:02 PMFeb 16
to Biociphers
Hi Theo,

I'm not too familiar with parallels, but I assume it is something that emulates amd64-type arch. Could you please post the command + output you are seeing when running the install process in parallels?

Thanks,
-San