ERROR: Failed building wheel for rna-majiq

Nathan Tear

Jan 14, 2022, 8:28:20 AM1/14/22
to majiq_voila

I am attempting to install MAJIQ. I set up a conda environment with all of the dependencies installed but I am still getting an error that I cannot understand.

I have already tried to update pip and install package 'wheel' but this is also up to date.

Perhaps you can help. I have attached the end of the error I get when installing.

Thanks

Nathan

MAJIQinstallerror.txt

Paul Jewell

Feb 10, 2022, 2:53:16 PM2/10/22
to majiq_voila
Hello Nathan,

Based on the line "gcc: fatal error: cannot execute 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory"  ; it seems that you have a C compiler (gcc) installed, but may be missing a C++ compiler (g++). Installation will depend on your operating system. For example in most debian based linux you can fix this by something like `$ sudo apt install gcc-g++` . If you'd like me to help look up helpful information for this issue, please let me know which operating system you are using.

Thanks!